Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lexar Jump Drive Secure

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:28 PM

Issue #1: When I plug my Jump Drive Secure into my laptop (Win 98 SE) and try to run the secure software, it says that it cannot find MFC42U.dll file. I re-installed the drivers for the drive, and downloaded the dll from one of those dll sites, stuck it in the right folder, and the program finds it, but it says it can't run in Win 95 or 3.1 because it uses Unicode features only supported in NT. I guess 98 is not NT based. Anyone know how I can get it working again?

Issue #2 Not really related to #1. When I plug the same drive into my desktop (Win XP Pro), I get the little "Remove Hardware" icon in the tray, but that's all. I can't do anything with the icon, and the drive does not appear in My Computer. Everest can see the drive, however. Recently (I need to try it again, though) the computer would just freeze when I plug it in, and I'd have to hard re-start. I need to try it again because I was messing with the BIOS, too (I got that sorted out). I really need the drive to work on the desktop because I use it a lot for school. Anyone know how I can get it working here?

EDIT: I tried it again, and the only difference is it didn't freeze the computer, just Media Player when I had it look for devices to sync to. I took the drive out, and the icon is still in the tray. I think it'll crash-ish when I go to shut it down...

EDIT 2: It also can't open Media Player anymore, probably until I re-start, which I'll do now. Media player appears in the running processes list, but I can't end it.

EDIT 3: After the re-boot, everything works fine again. It froze while I was doing something in Trilian, so I had to use the reset button.

EDIT 4: I did a full system repair on both computers, and the problem is the same.

Edited by Lanscader, 24 December 2005 - 06:38 PM.

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users