Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Keylogger, need help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jiglojay

jiglojay

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hi everyone, im on a vista 64 bit and about 3/4 days ago I was on my account on runescape and then all of a sudden my internet disconnected and I was disconnected from the game then when I tried to log back in about 2 minutes later it said my password has been changed. I doubt anyone could guess it so I suspected malware.

I did full system scan and eset nod found 2 trojans in RECYCLER or something and it removed them just fine. I wasn't to sure so I installed malwarebytes after uninstalling eset nod 32 and it had come up with 6 rogues, 5 of them folders and then a file inside. I removed those to. Right after I ran another scan with microsoft security essentials, then pc tools spyware doctor and then Spybot search and destroy and they all had found nothing.

I wsnt convinced so i installed i hate keyloggers just to make sure it wouldnt happen again. (I hate keyloggers stops keys typed from saving to any possible files that are mailcious). About 3 days later (today) I was playing on runescape (after the person had compromised my account, he had taken my best items then changed back password to what it originally was), and then I disconnected again but the person was unable to disconnect me from the game so I decided to log into the forums (forums and game have linked passwords and you are able to log into them seperately) and it said my password had been changed again.

I'd really appreciate some FAST help from finding if i actually have a virus to fixing. Thanks to anyone who comments.(Unfortunately, (re)format is not option, cant say why)

Other notes, Ive tryed some checks with netstat for connections but havent been able to come to a conclusion, I believe I my computer is compromised.

Edited by jiglojay, 16 March 2011 - 09:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users