Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Tell Me I Installed My Video Card Right.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jorywlu

jorywlu

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:04 PM

I just installed my first videocard, an Radeon X850XT, I just finished installing the ATI software. I was told to be sure not to forget to plug in the fan, not I plug the cable into the video card, and then the other 4 pin connection into an empty adaption, now, the video card power cable has another adapter on it. I just left it, and tucked it in the computer, I am assuming the is an adapter for the next device I install that requires power. Is this right? If it is. I just did a great job, if not. In about 30 minutes, my card is going to be fried.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dngrsone

Dngrsone

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

Yup, it sounds like you did it correctly. Good luck and let us know if it worked out okay.
Posted Image

#3 jorywlu

jorywlu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 24 December 2005 - 12:56 AM

MY GOD, what a difference. This new video card is unbelievable. I upgraded from a power color X800GT to a Sapphire X850XT and this card is twice if not more. I have a 32 inch LCD HDTV as my monitar, and with my old card the computer would play DVD's with a lot of distorsion, with this new one, it converts DVD's to HD output, and it is like a 32 inch theater sceen keep in mind my room is only 10x10 feet. I am installed it correctly, I was worried I was going to mess something up.

#4 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 24 December 2005 - 01:58 AM

No, the other adapter is just an extension, so if you have something else you had to unplug to plug your vid card in. You can plug that item back in again.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 24 December 2005 - 10:07 AM

MY GOD, what a difference. This new video card is unbelievable. I upgraded from a power color X800GT to a Sapphire X850XT and this card is twice if not more. I have a 32 inch LCD HDTV as my monitar, and with my old card the computer would play DVD's with a lot of distorsion, with this new one, it converts DVD's to HD output, and it is like a 32 inch theater sceen keep in mind my room is only 10x10 feet. I am installed it correctly, I was worried I was going to mess something up.

:thumbsup: Adopt me...
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users