Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oklahoma Wind Farm!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 garybear

garybear

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:32 AM

Hello!!
My wife has a 320 acre farm in Dewey County. It is mostly pasture with native grass.We will be getting 3 wind turbines on her land.I will attach a link that you can read all about it. The project should be finished by the end of 2011. It will give us an extra 30,000 a year.We are in our 70's, but our grand kids will enjoy the money. We are all excited about this. It will add several new jobs in our community. There is plenty of wind in Oklahoma.This is really better than a oil well and doesn't pollute. I wish it were easier to attach screen shots on the forum. I have some awesome pictures of the project. I know how to attach screen shots, but it's a lot of work. Maybe I will latter if members are interested.When finished, this will be the largest wind farm in Oklahoma.I thought I would post this topic for all you members that get tired of puter talk :hysterical:

http://www.4-traders.com/OGE-ENRGY-13889/news/OGE-ENRGY-OG-E-Completes-Crossroads-Wind-Farm-Development-Purchase-13435203/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

We have several large wind turbine sites not far from where I live in Kansas.
You are right, there's plenty of wind in the great plains!! Especially in the springtime.
You know its windy when you cant walk across the street literally!

For those that havent seen wind turbine farms here is a link. These turbines are absolutely huge and can easily be seen 10 miles away on a clear day.

The farmers do complain about the constant wooshing noise though.

Good luck on your endeavor!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

We have an ongoing debate about the smaller turbines from years ago and the speed of the propellers killing too many raptors and protected species of large birds. Which is attributed to a cause in the rodent population explosion and rabies increase in coyotes and larger mammals.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 garybear

garybear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

Good luck on your endeavor!

Hello Eyesee!
This will be a lot different.These are huge turbines that turn very slow. There will be a total of 98 turbines that are spread out over several miles. An average of 5 per section(640 Acres).There are a 100 land owners involved in the project.We lucked out and are involved in the project. These are brand new turbines and huge, I think they are the first of this kind.
Thank you for your kind reply. I'm really excited about all this and think it's a good thing for our Country.

#5 garybear

garybear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

We have an ongoing debate about the smaller turbines from years ago and the speed of the propellers killing too many raptors and protected species of large birds. Which is attributed to a cause in the rodent population explosion and rabies increase in coyotes and larger mammals.

Hello Animal!
These turbines are quite different and turn very slowly.I have read about the birds. The way I understand all this is that they do not prsent any harm to any wild life.I hope that is true because I love animals :hysterical:
Thank you for your reply my friend!!. They are building roads and getting every thing ready to start installing the turbines in August. It's really awesome to watch.The project is adding hundreds of jobs. The blades are bigger than a football field. I will add pictures latter!

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

I have seen the large ones and they do not pose the bird strike hazard that the older generation smaller ones do. Best of luck to you on your endeavor.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:52 AM

When you mentioned rabies, i think of it as humans having them like the movies :o

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users