Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Bar Discrepancies.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Just Mercury

Just Mercury

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:27 AM

Hi,
On my task bar, in the area to the left of the clock, the number of icons shown can vary from Three to Eight.This happens on start up and the number of icons remains constant throughout the session unless I activate another program.
I was always under the impression that this area showed the programms that were running in the background and this was set by the items on the start-up list. How then can this number vary?
Thanks in anticipation, :busy:
Just Mercury.

Edited by Just Mercury, 16 March 2011 - 09:28 AM.

when i grow up i want to be..................all growed up!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

G'day once again, Just Mercury

Re: Missing System Tray icons
Have a look at post #6, which references a topic in Tech Support Forums.

Your issue appears to be the same as that in both the above linked topics which were successfully resolved.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users