Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

restarting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Murrar

Murrar

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:41 AM

On Windows 7/Internet Explorer 8 how do I restart (or reboot) my computer? Thank you. Murrar

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:05 AM

Hi Murrar. To shut down or restart your computer, open Start menu by clicking the Start button. Then click Shut Down. Windows 7 will not ask "Are you sure?"...so be careful clicking Shut Down. After you click it, Win 7 will immediately close all open programs, log you off and shut down your computer.
[attachment=90581:shutdown.jpg]

If you want to restart Win 7, open Start menu and click the tiny right arrow button next to the Shut Down button. In the drop-down list that opens, click Restart.
[attachment=90582:restart.jpg]

That's it.

Edited by Union_Thug, 16 March 2011 - 06:09 AM.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:12 AM

I see you have over 100 posts here, so clearly you are not new to computing. Are you experiencing some difficulty with restarting the system?

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

Murrar has recently upgraded from WinXP to Win7. Right now, he is going through a new OS learning curve.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

That's fine, and my previous post wasn't meant to be anything other than a question. Since there is essentially no difference in how to log off in recent versions of the OS I'm curious to know if the OP is running into a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users