Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus solutions for server 2008 without all of the extra corporate payments

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

Hi all,
I just set up a new PowerEdge T110 server right next to me in my computer room (or more politically correct, server room), at home, and it will be doing a number of things such as providing email for my web site, hosting my web site, while internally managing one or two provisioned shares through file services. I know that a lot of the home editions of antivirus products don't work simply because of the OS on the server. It is running Windows server 2008 R2 foundation edition. NOD32 corporate edition offers licenses of five computers for 164 per year, which would work if other folks in my family wanted to change antivirus solutions, but I respect people, and if they're comfortable with what they have, I'm not going to force them to change. But what bothers me is then I'd be paying for unused licenses. My friend suggested that I step away from NOD for that reason, and find a cheaper antivirus solution. I don't necessarily want to, for I've known the folks at Eset for over a year now, and am quite comfortable. I hate to put money first, but in this case it makes sense. I'd like a corporate edition of something that installs on both Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 that is a bit cheaper than that so that I can just pay for one cost and not have two separate as it is now with NOD32 because of my older computer that was just taken out of service until this summer when my parents take it. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Chromebuster

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users