Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Firefox and IE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 videoguy

videoguy

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

Hi,

I have a few issues with my computer that I'm trying to resolve.

1. I downloaded DIVX a while back and now I can't get it off my system. It is an elusive app that doesn't appear in the list on my control panel. I tried Revo Uninstaller and it can't get rid of it either. When I go to any page using IE, I get an information bar message saying the page is trying to run DIVX. It's driving me a little crazy to say the least. Please help me get rid of this.

2. For whatever reason, when I try to save a file using Firefox, the screen goes totally blank. I get a message that it downloaded but it doesn't tell me where. This is extremely frustrating and up until now I got around it by using IE.

3. I'm not sure what happened to my Adobe Flash but it seems that I've somehow removed it when I got rid of portions of the DIVX. It is no longer on my system. I can't use Firefox to download it and for some reason IE won't let me download it either.

All of the above has been bothering me for a while but they have now all combined to really inconvenience me. I'd really like to be able to solve these problems as they are becoming increasingly frustrating. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 videoguy

videoguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

Hello, I haven't seen a reply on this yet.

Some additional information as well:

Flash actually is loaded on my system. Problem is that there seems to be a conflict in pages between that and the DIVX. So I'm hoping somebody can help with this. Thanks!

#3 videoguy

videoguy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:20 AM

Hello?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users