Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spy Sweeper: Removal Is Now Limited To Paid Version

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 23 December 2005 - 04:41 PM

Some may have noticed the links for the trial version have been moving around a lot lately. We were trying to update the cans at CCSP accordingly. Today 29wood sent me the link for this.

Webroot Software
Publisher's Website Webroot Software

Four-time winner of PC Magazine's Editors' Choice, Webroot Spy Sweeper 4.5 takes another leap ahead of the competition...Note: This trial version scans your PC for spyware with Spy Sweeper's state-of-the-art threat engine and offers proactive protection with Smart Shields. Removal is limited to the paid version.

c|net Download.com: Webroot Software
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 UKBiker

UKBiker

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2005 - 06:56 PM

Hi there

I saw that as well, thankfully it looks like download.com have got it wrong. A trial version of SS downloaded yesterday from download.com is working just fine with nothing disabled.

Jock

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 50,558 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:17 PM

Webroot_SS replied at Spywarewarrior today in response to the thread I posted there:

All,
First off, the 14-day trial is still available, it's just not the trial version that we're pushing right now. You may have to look for the 14-day trial, but it's there.

We are aware that some don't like the new free scan. I will pass this thread along...

The purpose of the free scan is to allow evaluation of our detection and prevention abilities. Both the detection engine and the shields are fully fucntional - just removal is disabled. Our advanced removal techniques are part of what sets Spy Sweeper above the rest.

I'm not sure what else to say here, the bottom line is we have a service worth paying for. We’ll stand behind our technology with a guarantee for 30 days, risk free.

-Dan

http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic.php?p=108919#108919
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Neverwill

Neverwill

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 05:13 PM

I've never trusted Spy Sweeper..back a couple years ago it just infested my computer WITH spyware..so i stoped using it..i use Spybot S&D now

Posted Image

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:34 PM

I've never trusted Spy Sweeper..back a couple years ago it just infested my computer WITH spyware..so i stoped using it..i use Spybot S&D now

~ Highly unlikely.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users