Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop CS5 Camera Raw

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nabbers

nabbers

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:23 AM

In Photoshop CS 5 Extended, when I Right Mouse Button Click on an Image and then select 'Open in Camera Raw', I get a warning message saying 'Bridges parent application is not active. Bridge requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature' Up to date, I cannot locate a solution to this problem on the web, but a number of other people have come across the same problem. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

What type & model of camera are you using? I know that some cameras have software that are required to view their images in raw format, while some types have issues with Bridge, while others (nikkon) seem to work pretty flawlessly with PS and Bridge.

As a short cut, you could try viewing the pics in Windows explorer and then dragging them directly into PS.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 nabbers

nabbers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:39 PM

I am using a new Nikon D7000. I can open the raw image in Photoshop. I can also open the raw image if I double click on it in Bridge. What I cannot do is to Open a series of images by selecting them and then clicking on them with the right mouse button.
I understand from other comments that this aberration is quite common. Right mouse button clicking on Raw files in Bridge seems to be a problem and I was wondering if either Adobe had solved this issue, ignored it, or someone had come up with a work-around.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

I think that relates back to the software that the camera would come with (which is what it wants the default application used to open it to be). As for Adobe, they'd blame Nikon. In turn, Nikon would blame Adobe. Adobe went astray when they opted to try to use their own programs instead of integrating major manufacturers software into their own (which is why you don't see any twain acquire modules in PS anymore).

The one thing I could think of would be to set the file default to "open with" and select PS as it's default.

Also, I don't know as if I've ever tried to open more than one image as a raw image in any version of PS...I can only remember doing an image at a time...
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 nabbers

nabbers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for your comment. I can open a series in CS4 using the right mouse button.

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

Well...got me swinging in the wind! I use CS4, and don't have access to CS5. Hopefully you'll find an answer, either here or elsewhere. Please, let us know if you find a fix for this.
Posted Image

#7 wombatvlogs

wombatvlogs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

Guys I've found the solution and it works -----

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users