Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Stereo Mix - Record from two audio sources?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Etcetera007

Etcetera007

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:42 AM

Ok, so this might get a little confusing to explain, but I've been dealing with this for a while and I can't figure it out.

I want to do a live broadcast stream on something like Ustream or Justin.tv, wherein I record myself (both audio and video) and the audio and video from Skype. Now, I know that I can use WebcamMax to achieve the video requirements, but the audio is throwing me for a loop.

I have a Windows 7, Dell Inspiron Zino HD computer with a "Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221" sound card, and the main problem I'm having is that I have no Stereo Mix or "what you hear" function. And yes, I've gone to the sound settings and clicked "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices". Nothing pops up. I have checked to see if I need to update the driver and it's updated. Thus, I don't have the ability to record what I hear straight from my computer, unless you count the bleepty method of putting a microphone up to my speakers, which is just ridiculous.

So I really want to just be able to use the webcam and the built-in microphone to record myself via video and my voice + the video from Skype + the audio from Skype...in a way that I can stream it live. Oh, and naturally, I need to be able to hear what the other people are saying, so I can't have some adapter setup where I can't hear the computer's sounds because then obviously, I wouldn't be able to hear what other people are saying and respond.

Is there any way of being able to do this that doesn't require:

A) Buying a new computer
B) Buying a sound mixer
C) Buying a sound card and taking my computer apart and so forth

I'm working on a VERY limited budget here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

Yes, the "Stereo mix" option is being removed from new drivers. Nobody has announced it, as far as I know, but the recording industry never liked it (calling it the "Analog Loophole").

You might try getting a patch cable to run directly from the line-out output of your sound card to the line-in input of the same card.

Other than that, I have no ideas.

#3 Etcetera007

Etcetera007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

Anyone else have any suggestions? It seems like everywhere I look, nobody has a clue how to do this outside of the two annoying options of "buy a Mac" or "buy an expensive soundboard"...because we're all just rolling in money in this economy lol.

#4 Etcetera007

Etcetera007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

Bumping this since I still don't know how to accomplish this task.

#5 Etcetera007

Etcetera007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

Bump....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users