Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me Upgrade my PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Frekles

Frekles

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

Current Specs:
4 Gigs DDR2
AMD Phenom Quad Core 2.1 GH
EVGA GTS 250
680 Watt Power Supply

I think I have air flow problems with my case, plus it looks really stupid. So if there is a nice looking case that is great on airflow I'd want to get that.

My processor is fine for my needs, I'm just worried I'll get bottlenecked with a new GPU

Now, for the video card I need something that can run the original Crysis on 3 1080p monitors all at once. So playing at
5760x1080 at absolute maximum settings never ever dipping below 25 fps.

i would really like to stay under 400 dollars, but just tell me what i need. thanks

Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:08 AM

This should suit the needs. This case should do.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

You will need a good graphics card like killer has suggested, and a larger case to hold it. The issue is that to play Crysis 2, assuming the developers haven't screwed PC gamers by reducing the specs to satisfy consoles, you need a high-end graphics card that will eat up most of your budget, especially when playing on three monitors at once. The Coolermaster Cosmos is my favorite case, but the XCLIO Windtunnel would be more economical with a lower price tag and free shipping. Also, is that a first generation Phenom processor you are using? I thought the original Crysis was quad core optimized, if so, having one with a better clock speed, such as the Phenom II X4 955, should also boost performance, again, assuming Crysis 2 is as hard on hardware as the original was.

3939.png

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

Not happening with any single card (maybe a 6990, but that's pushing it), sure as heck ain't happening for less than $400.

Original Crysis, with no AA, max settings, maybe a pair of 570s SLI'ed, or a pair of 6970s in Crossfire. The memory limitations of the 570s might come into play at that resolution.

If you want to run it at max settings, with AA enabled, a pair of 580s should suffice, but thats $1K+.

The original Crysis is the most demanding of the Crysis series due to it's code. Warhead was slightly faster at the same settings on the same hardware.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users