Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking For A Replacement For Printnow.exe (win 95/nt Version)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Esah

Esah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:35 PM

Hi there, new user on your forums just been looking for a replacement for an executable file I had on an nt OS.
I have found that, the version I was using was specific to windows 95 and NT 4.0 and we just converted to XP pro so was wondering if anyone could point me to a replacement for that particular file that will work in XP or if you know of a different file that will do the same function? the original file was called printnow.exe and it was a standalone that when you had it open and hit print screen it would send it directly to the printer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

thx in advance, Esah

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:38 PM

:thumbsup: to BC Esah,

I don't use such a program so I can't make personal recommendations but a couple of things came up when I googled, which may do the job for you:

http://www.nonags.com/nonags/printer.html - look for "PrintDeskTop".

http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/ - "Gadwin PrintScreen".

Both are Freeware.
Reviews of Gadwin Printscreen - http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwscreen.html

hth :flowers:

Edited by Rimmer, 23 December 2005 - 10:45 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Esah

Esah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 27 December 2005 - 03:16 PM

Thanks sooo much for your tips, and time invested to look for this for me, I tried google also but apparently was restricting my search parameters to much.
These look good, although our network has admin locks so not sure I will be able to use these if they have to actually be installled to the system as they really won't let us do that, ...and the printnow.exe i was using resided strickly on the desktop. I will d/l one and see.

thx again, Esah :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users