Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google-analytics redirection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 junga

junga

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

While i browse the web, i get a google-analytics.com and other windows that pops open.

Can someone help me with the logs? I am going through the Preparation Guide and the DDS file takes a long time (more than 10 mins) and then freezes my computer. Shall I skip that step and proceed with the gmer program?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:18 AM

Lets see if this fixes the issue:

Note: You have not specified the Operating System you are running, so I provided instructions for Windows 7. If you're using a different version, please be sure to let me know, and I'll kindly provide you with those instructions.

Router Reset
  • Please read this: Malware Silently Alters Wireless Router Settings

• Consult this link to find out what is the default username and password of your router and note down them: Route Passwords

• Then rest your router to it's factory default settings:

"If your machine has been infected by one of these Zlob/DNSchanger Trojans, and your router settings have been altered, I would strongly recommend that you reset the router to its default configuration. Usually, this can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 30 seconds)"

• This is the difficult part.
    First get to the routers server. To do that type http:\\192.168.1.1 in the address bar and click Enter. You get the log in window.
    Fill in the password you have already found and you will get the configuration page.
    Configure the router to allow you to connect to your ISP server. In some routers it is done by a setup wizard. But you have to fill in the log in password your ISP has initially given to you.
    You can also call your ISP if you don't have your initial password.
    Don't forget to change the routers default password and set a strong password. Note down the password and keep it somewhere for future reference.

• Please make sure of the following settings:
    • Go to Start => Control Panel => Network and Internet => Double-click Network and Internet.
    • In the left window select Manage network Connection.
    • In the right window right-click Local Area Connection and select Properties .
    • Internet Protocol Version 6 (IP6v) should be checked. Double-click on it: Make sure of the following settings:
    • The option Obtain an IP address automatically should be checked.
    • The option Obtain DNS server address automatically should be checked.
    • Click OK.
    • Internet Protocol Version 4 (IP4v) should be checked. Double-click on it.
    • The option Obtain an IP address automatically should be checked.
    • The option Obtain DNS server address automatically should be checked.
  • Click OK twice.
  • If you should change any setting reboot the computer.

Edited by SweetTech, 16 March 2011 - 10:19 AM.

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

#3 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

#4 junga

junga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:18 PM

I started a post awhile ago about having google-analytics internet tabs popping up.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic385073.html/page__p__2169771__fromsearch__1#entry2169771

I apologize for the very late reply but I would like to continue carrying out the investigation. I started the DDS but the program would keep freezing. SweetTech suggested that It may be a router virus issue? Here are my specs:

MS Windows XP Professional SP3
Intel Pentium 4 HT CPU 3.00Ghz
3.0GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 210

Edited by Budapest, 21 April 2011 - 05:46 PM.
Topics merged ~Budapest

#5 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hi!

Have you attempted to reset your router to see if that solved the issue?

#6 junga

junga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

Today, I went ahead and did a router reset. Fortunately, ive tinkered around with routers before and tier 1 troubleshooting them so the process went by pretty fast (btw, nice informative step-by-step post, ima keep it for reference). I changed the default password to something unique and I also went ahead and updated firmware.

Yup, I believe that was the main problem I had for years. I've gone through different routers and all of them I believe had that router virus. I am noticing fast direct loading of website as seen from my college campus and the library. I do not see the many random sites popping up as a new tab. I do not see the bottom left corner trying to goto dozens of sites at the same time.

Thank you SweetTech and your Malware Response Team. Problem Resolved *finally*

#7 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:10 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users