Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:00 PM
I am going to be calling my click happy aunt-in-law tomorrow. Apparently she's gotten one of these dang rogue "antivirus" malware programs installed on her computer AGAIN......I kep telling her to stop clicking on everything but she won't listen!!! AHHH!!!
So anyway.... I'm trying to make a plan of attack. It's been a while since I did this adn becuase she lives about 3,000 miles away I am going to be remoting in to her computer. Here's what I've got lined up so far.....
1. Use RKill to stop the malware processes
2. Next use the Shell.reg tool to fix the Windows Registry Shell.
3. Run MBAM and remove what it finds.
4. Run Super Anti Spyware and remove what it finds.
5. Use Secunia PSI to ensure all programs are up to date.
Anything I am missing? I may run Hijackthis in there as well just to make sure there's nothing found.
DJ Digital Gem
I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!