Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

remote virus removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 azfreetech

azfreetech

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

I am going to be calling my click happy aunt-in-law tomorrow. Apparently she's gotten one of these dang rogue "antivirus" malware programs installed on her computer AGAIN......I kep telling her to stop clicking on everything but she won't listen!!! AHHH!!!

So anyway.... I'm trying to make a plan of attack. It's been a while since I did this adn becuase she lives about 3,000 miles away I am going to be remoting in to her computer. Here's what I've got lined up so far.....

1. Use RKill to stop the malware processes
2. Next use the Shell.reg tool to fix the Windows Registry Shell.
3. Run MBAM and remove what it finds.
4. Run Super Anti Spyware and remove what it finds.
5. Use Secunia PSI to ensure all programs are up to date.

Anything I am missing? I may run Hijackthis in there as well just to make sure there's nothing found.
DJ Digital Gem

I gave up on computers and now I just DJ!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users