Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes after boot.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 candle_86

candle_86

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 23 December 2005 - 12:19 PM

I am having a similar problem with the F5D7000, and a D-Link 530TX. When ever I have a nic card installed be it Wifi or Cable it locks my system up after it boots into windows. With out an active network connection though the system is great, it only locks up when I have an active connection. It is on a PC-Chip M577 and I have checked and rechecked IRQ settings, DMA, ect. I would love to resolve this, if it helps the rest of the Specs are Windows 98SE, AMD K6-2 350, 160mb SDRAM 10ns ram, PC-Chips M577, 36X CD-ROM. It has PCI 1.2, AGP 2X, USB 1.0, ISA, and on board Sound.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:45 PM

Can you clearify active network connection. Do you mean on the internet or just you LAN or both? Have you tried a different PCI slot? What makes you think it's hardware and not software related?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users