Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video +Sound Playback Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shacko

shacko

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

I've had a video and sound problem for years which wasn't that bad in the beginning; it only happened on rare occasions, but it now happens most of the time.

Any time I try to play a video; from the net or something I saved from years ago the video will run all chopped up, the sound and visual will start and stop.

It used to be that I had that problem one out of a hundred times, I now have the problem ninety-nine out of a hundred.

I have Windows Media Player which I've re-installed many times to no avail. Anybody have any help? thanks.

Edited by shacko, 14 March 2011 - 04:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 audioAl

audioAl

• Members
  • 426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 04:22 AM

You might try a pci sound card, I recently lost my onboard VIA sound and bought the Asus Xonar DS 7.1 sound card. That fixed me right up.$50.00 on newegg.com
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit/Intel e5300 cpu/ASRock G41M-LE mainboard/G max4500 onboard graphics/4gigs OCZ 800Mhz ram/ VIA onboard HD Vinyl audio/Yamaha RX-V465 HT receiver/ Cambridge SoundWorks and Infinity RS1001 speakers

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:44 AM

@Shacko

Could you please give this video playback app a try and let us know if you are experiencing the same problems?

A few other questions:

what format are these videos in?

Can you specify the details of your graphics card/onboard graphics chipset? Specs. of your computer as such?
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#4 shacko

shacko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

@Shacko

Could you please give this video playback app a try and let us know if you are experiencing the same problems?

A few other questions:

what format are these videos in?

Can you specify the details of your graphics card/onboard graphics chipset? Specs. of your computer as such?

I did download VLC Media Player, don't know what it is supposed to do.

I don't have a clue how to find the format of the videos I'm trying to get to play, most videos I click on are part of a news blog or something similar.

Your third item leaves me in the dark because I'm as dumb as a brick when it comes to the computer; the only specs I have about the computer are on my profile, I don't know how to find anything else, sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users