Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Not Inserted

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrMurder

MrMurder

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:08 PM

After returning to my computer from the following night, I find that Windows has done an automatic update and restarted itself. To my surprise, my iTunes will not work. I then try using VLC to the same discord. Although, with VLC, the video plays normally, only no sound is emitted. I check my speaker connections and everything seems ok so I then try using YouTube on the internet; everything plays just fine. Confused, I reinstall iTunes to no avail and restart my computer. The turn-on and turn-off audio prompts ring clear as they should.
In my task tray there is a new icon that I am unfamiliar with - a shaded box overlapped by another with a blue arrow inside. It displays 'Media Not Inserted' when scrolled over. When I enter the 'Customize' screen, it is shown as a subsect of 'Button Monitor'.

I have tried everything that I can think of. I have ran Norton Antivirus, Registry Mechanic, Uniblue RegistryBooster, SpeedUpMyPC and DriverScanner, as well as Comodo System Cleaner all without any luck of fixing this specific issue. I have also looked for updates and have been unsuccessful in finding any.

***A picture of the issue has been included***

Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,093 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

Possibility, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware/button-monitor/9ccd2511-f309-45c3-a4a3-34141d6a6947

I would have traced the icon to the mother program, to try to make sure what it relates to.

Louis

#3 MrMurder

MrMurder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

Yes, I already had visited this page and was aware of it's information before creating this post. Unfortunately it does not correlate to my specific problem; or anyway, it doesn't help me any. Thanks very much for your response, however.

#4 MrMurder

MrMurder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

Seriously guys? Come on, I really need help here. It's been almost 2 weeks now and I've gotten no farther.

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:55 AM

did you try control panel /programs and features ,on the left click on show updates, and uninstall the one you tink cause the problem [chose the update and right on it ]

or try doing a system restore back before the update ,

and for future updates set windows updated, to notify but not install or download until you pick just the critical ones

Edited by caperjac, 27 March 2011 - 07:00 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users