Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Raid Array

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chas0702

chas0702

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

Hello:
I am having a problem with setting up a Raid 1 array. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 32 along with an Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard. After viewing videos on Raid Array setup on Youtube, I decided this chore should not be so difficult. I entered the bios and followed the prompts and made my Raid 1 array. No error messages, and both of my WD3200 HDD were listed, and the array was boot enabled and labeled healthy.
I then inserted my Windows Vista Ultimate CD and clicked on Repair, and on to restore my pc. Windows discovered my external backup, and I then chose the backup that I wanted. I followed the prompts and then clicked restore and received a message that stated that there were to few drives or not enough space to continue. I now do not know how to proceed. Any suggestions would be helpful.
I call this PC my "learning PC". I am trying to learn some of the more exotic functions of my PC. I have read that the Windows Vista built in backup utility is good for backup restore, but not to be used for Raid. Is this true? If so, what product would help me with this issue? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Charles

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enriqe

Enriqe

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:03 PM

I'm no expert but i do know ... On a complete pc restore "which I'm guessing your trying to do" Your new HDDs must be as large or larger than the original.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users