Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP not working right after Computer Virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Goji

Goji

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:28 PM

The is my first post

My Windows XP computer got infected by a computer virus. The virus control the desktop and prevent all programs including my anti-virus software to load. Then, I went under msconfig and turn off all usually loading programs on desktop to get back onto Windows desktop. I got the anti-virus to work and scan many times to get rid of the computer virus. I use other recommended anti-spy ware programs, scan numerous time to get rid of anything suspicious. I also went back and turn on the usual program and did the same scans again....the virus has been gone.

After the virus attack, my computer is still having problems.

Safe mode is not working properly
Search Option is no longer working
Programs are not loading up correctly even it is deleted and re-install
USB won't detected my keyboard and mouse once I unplug or plug in another USB for other things (ie: printer)

Now, I wonder is the computer virus completely gone!!!

I posted here since it all started by a computer virus

Can someone please help????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users