Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 slow, hangs, freezes, then restarts again

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jookieblue

Jookieblue

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hi my computer friends,

I usually try and fix any computer error's by Googling the crap out of it until I fix it myself as I hate to be defeated but I have a problem that just started about a week ago and wont stop.

I watch alot of movies online through streaming and recently the shows that i usually watch without a problem started taking alot of time to load and then as i start to play it freezes on me. What happens is I still hear the video but the picture freezes on me and then the browser starts flickering on and off the not responding. After it flickers and tries to fix the problem itself the screen goes black and computer shuts off then restarts. Im not sure what is going on but my whole windows 7 seems to be going so slow lately with slow startups as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I will try and follow any directions you give to fix this problem.

I could not attach the other file as my computer keeps restarting during the scan...sorry.

Also I have ran Malwarebytes a few times and removed anything it had asked me to as well as a checkdisk and system restore and nothing has worked. I believe it might have something to do with the dns host file but that is just a guess.

Thanks,

Jackie

Here is also a copy of my HijackThis log
Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SweetTech

SweetTech

Agent ST

• Members
  • 13,421 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

You've already posted your logs in the correct section, and must wait for a Malware Response member to pick up your thread and assist you from there.

This is a duplicate of your thread in the Malware Removal Forum.

Link for Reference: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic384885.html/page__p__2168620__fromsearch__1#entry2168620

This thread has been reported, and a moderator should be by shortly to close this topic, to avoid any confusion with your other thread.

Kindest Regards,
SweetTech.

Have I helped you? If you'd like to assist in the fight against malware, click here Posted Image

The instructions seen in this post have been specifically tailored to this user and the issues they are experiencing with their computer. If you think you have a similar problem, please first read this topic, and then begin your own, new thread. I do not offer private support via Private Message.

#3 Jookieblue

Jookieblue
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

I really dont think it is a Malware problem which is why I reposted this...sorry

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

<<I really dont think it is a Malware problem which is why I reposted this...sorry>>

If that is so...I'm curious as to why you have decided to post logs which are specifically used for dealing with malware and nothing else.

If you have a bona fide answer, you can just send me a PM. We don't have any choice (logically) but to assume that you have a malware problem...when you post malware logs.

This topic is closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users