Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time Warner Cable Road Runner : Download too much = CAPPED?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ooweirdoo

ooweirdoo

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:46 PM

I live in US EAST and I have time warner cable internet 15mbs down / 768 up turbo boost. In the past few days, I'd say I've downloaded over 30gigs and today I realized that my download speed is only 1MB/s (upload speed is the same) and this problem is not my computer because I tested speed on my other computer.

Is there a cap that TWC implemented recently? I've never had this problem before..

edit: It's not my router

here's my speedtest
Posted Image

here's my friend's
Posted Image

Edited by ooweirdoo, 13 March 2011 - 11:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:47 AM

Many ISPs are now capping the internet connection. I believe Time Warner is one that does indeed cap a user for downloading too much. However, from what I've read they normally don't throttle you unless you exceed 200-250gb a month. If the quotes 30gb is for one day - then you were probably cap, if it's monthly then something else is most likely going on unless you're on the cheapest plan.

Have you considered contacting them to see if you have been capped?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users