Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

searches are being redirected in google

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CompuConkedCanada

CompuConkedCanada

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

Searched the broblem(on my ipod)and found this site, realized it's a fairly common problem. I keep getting redirected to Yellow Pages ads, along with bookmark ads and a few others. I recently tried using Google Chrome and the problems seemed to begin then, but my computer has been running fairly slow for quite a while so it's hard pin it on that alone, and the unit was purchased in 06'. I use AVG Free Antivirus protection. Oh, I did try a couple of system restores, as well as going back to using Internet Explorer, but no improvement. There was a different kind of rectangular window notification that came up during the latest system restore which I didn't recognize, looked almost bogus.Any help would be really appreciated. I don't know my way around computers very well so your patience will be also appreciated as even some of the simplest requests you may have might go way over my head. Thanx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hi CompuConkedCanada,

Start with Malwarebytes http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/how-to-use-malwarebytes-anti-malware-tutorial
You can always transfer it from one computer to another with a flash drive if needed.

cmom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users