Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Security Essentials

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tom@PTC

Tom@PTC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:03 PM

My compute is infected with Internet Security Essentials. How do I remove it? It's not allowing Microsoft Security Essentials to run, and now IE isn't working so I can't get to the internet on that computer.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jamiemcg

Jamiemcg

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hello!

While this isn't the exact program that you're talking about, I found a guide from the Bleeping Computer website on how to remove the "Security Essentials 2010" virus, which you can view at the link below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-essentials-2010

Also, if you are unable to download or run any programs because of this virus, I would suggest that you try booting your computer into Safe Mode with Networking, which you can do by restarting your computer and then repeatedly pressing F8 while it's booting up. From there, a menu should appear with a few boot options, including Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking. You can select Safe Mode with Networking by using the arrow keys and then pressing the "Enter" key in order to select your choice.

Once you've booted your computer into Safe Mode with Networking, you may be able to download and run programs, including Microsoft Security Essentials, as Safe Mode with Networking only boots with the essential drivers for your computer to run and access your network and then Internet.

In addition to running an antivirus scan with Microsoft Security Essentials, I would also suggest that you run an antispyware or antimalware scan.

If you need a free antimalware program, I would recommend that you try using MalwareBytes, which can be downloaded from the link below.

http://MalwareBytes.org

Once you've ran both of these scans, you should boot your computer back into "regular mode", which you can do by simply restarting it, in order to see if you have successfully removed the "Internet Security Essentials" virus.

Good luck and please let us know what happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users