Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restarts

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sudsy

sudsy

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

This sounds familiar. See my earlier post. I personally think it was a bug in the OS. It seems to have stopped after all the recent updates. The PC that I was having the problem on is a 32 bit machine and it stays on constantly. It hasn't done the little re-start thing for a few days now. I really don't think it was a full reboot either. It was just too quick. Less than 1 minute cycle.

Soap :crazy:

Edited by hamluis, 13 March 2011 - 07:31 AM.
Split from different topic, PM sent new OP.

UFO pilot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

OK. Just wanted to pop in real quick and say that this machine is doing it again. I have seen the quick restart about three or for times this afternoon and evening.
UFO pilot

#3 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

Now this makes me look stupid.

I WAS JUST TRYING TO COMMUNICATE! I THINK INFORMATION IS KNOWLEDGE. IF I HAVE SOMETHING TO ADD TO SOMEONES POST I DON'T THINK IT'S RIGHT FOR ANYONE TO MOVE THAT INFORMATION. I AM ALSO ONLY TRYING TO HELP HERE.

LEAVE MY STUFF ALONE AND QUIT MAKING ME LOOK STUPID!

I WILL BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO RELATE ANY OF MY FINDINGS IN THE FUTURE.

JEEESE!!!!!

:angry:
UFO pilot

#4 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

I agree........it does make you look stupid. If you want help from these "volunteers" then ask and be patient.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#5 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 463 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

Please...respect the rights of other members...and do not intertwine your own situation with their topics.

I've given you your own topic...so that your problems can be addressed properly.

I suggest that you provide more details which are pertinent...than you have provided thus far (e.g., system manufacturer and model., when problem started, any error messages, etc.).

The more useful info provided...the better the assistance efforts, IMO.

If you are going to refer to previous posts you have made/initiated...it's probably wise to provide a link to such. I don't think that the average member is going to look for any detail regarding such...if a link is not provided in the post referencing such.

Thanks for understanding :).

Louis

I got the above message from Louis! This is what got me started. Well Louis the post that you refer to that described my system was in response to MY TOPIC "Win7 Instability".

The information that I posted here was to let the topic owner know that I am having similar issues with a different machine (desktop) and it was most likely NOT a hardware problem.

Again just trying to help like most here do. I was offering information. Not trying to add or detract from the post.

Maybe you just read to fast and have problems with your organizational skills.

I'm done!

S
UFO pilot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users