Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Microsoft Office upgrade

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andy hopkins

andy hopkins

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:12 AM

Hi - I hope someone can help me?
I have a Dell Latitude E6500. I installed some software that I thought was Ok but seems all my problems start back from that point.
Firstly I noticed my laptop would not shutdown or start up properly - (I noticed it stopped in the safe mode loading process at an AVG file AVGIDSEH.SYS). After letting the PC fix itself, it is able to do re start. Then I noticed getting error messages on any Office program - especially Outlook. The laptop was previosuly owned and I have a suspicion that it was a pirate copy. So I decided to get a valid copy of Office home and business. This will not load - it just hangs. (When I tried to open Outlook - the system tried to install Enterprise 2007 and then it would hang as well) also I tried to uninstall Enterprise but this does not look successful either.
The other issue I have is Windows 7 SP1 is trying to install by update and keeps failing with error code 80070652.
I have Windows 7 professional 32 bit installed.
I can access my email but all my outlook archives cannot be accessed.
I have tried MalwareBytes and AVG scan without finding anything.
Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 deanj20

deanj20

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:50 AM

Hi Andy,

Browsing around the web, it seems your problem may be caused from an incomplete install or possibly from the Dell Support software installed on your computer. I would go to Control Panel-> Programs and Features and completely uninstall MS Office and any of the Dell Support software that you may find.

Then reboot, and go to http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/, and try the Windows Update fix.

Then reinstall Office, and try to update to SP1. Post back here with your results.

#3 andy hopkins

andy hopkins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

Hi Thanks for comment.

There are no elements of Office (either 2010 or 2007) left in the add or remove list.
The dell items listed are;

Dell control point connection manager
Dell Control point systems manager
Dell security device driver pack
Dell Embassy trust suite
Dell Driver download manager
Dell touchpad
Dell webcam central
Dell wireless HSPA mini card drivers

I tried to to remove control point and it told me it could not proceed as another program was trying to install! I am sure there is something wrong with the installer program.

When I tried to remove the Embassy suite, it coudl not remove any item - I just got "failed"

#4 deanj20

deanj20

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

Yeah - it seems that you still have an installation "active". Start task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and look for a process named msiexec and stop the process (right click - select "End Process"). While you're at it, look for sprtcmd.exe and end that process too (should you find it.)

With both those processes stopped, uninstall all of that Dell stuff (you don't use any of it right?) and then use the Microsoft Fix It tool, try to reinstall Office and update to SP1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users