Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Disappears and freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mslnifty

mslnifty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:02 AM

Hi,
I need a little help.
At random time mouse freezes then shows up at projected path. tried cleaning mouse and pad seemed to work but now problem is getting worse. problem happens whether online or off. Had a popup loader trojan recently but msse got it i think. but it wasn't too long after that the problem started. wondering if mouse is just going or if a virus is problem.
Optical mouse not usb. Running windows 7 pro 64 w/sp1. I have been running msse and norton 360 together since msse came out and haven't had a problem until now. also have spyware blaster. Scans with msse, mbam, superantispyware, eset and norton 360 have come up clean. HJT doesn't show anything unusual. Task manager doesn't show anything running but idle.
By the way just want to say thanks for all the information you have put out there. I have used your site as guide to help out my family many times.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hello.

I can almost guarantee you that this isn't malware. . . based on your description it sounds to me like severe performance problems.

I have been running msse and norton 360 together since msse came out

I'd start here. Get rid of either MSE or Norton. I'd recommend losing Norton, but it's up to you.

I do not recommend that you have more than one antivirus product installed and running on your computer at a time. The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other anti virus products to cause "false positives". It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection. In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause:
1) False Positives: When the anti virus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't.
2) System Performance Problems: Your system may lock up due to both products attempting to access the same file at the same time.

See if your issue gets better after uninstalling one of the AVs.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users