Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window's Installer Error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 127881

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:30 AM

Hi,

This may have been answered before but I haven't found a similar issue on this site. I'm having a lot of trouble trying to uninstall and reinstall programmes (namely iTunes) with Windows 7. iTunes won't open and I've tried to uninstall it but can't acces the add/remove programmes window. I'm not sure why this is, my account is the Administrator and there are no viruses on my computer. I have also tried to reinstall iTunes but when I run the installer I get this message: 'The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.' I am running windows in normal mode although I did start the computer through safe mode a few days ago to resolve a virus issue. I have tried each of the options on the Microsoft Support site and am unable to solve this but nothing has worked. I've even tried to reinstall Windows Installer but that doesn't work for obvious reasons. How can I fix this?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users