Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32 Heur on game .exes. Actual infection or false positive?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fruehling

fruehling

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:00 AM

Hello all,

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 (32-bit). Here's my trouble: AVG recently (2 days ago) detected this virus called Win32 Heur on my laptop, and curiously the infected files are game .exes (Star Wars KotOR, Bioshock, nogba) that I've had for years and haven't been using for a long time. Also, the virus detections started just after I'd finished installing Funshion on my laptop.

I'm not sure if it is an actual infection or just a false positive issue. At any rate, I deleted the files from the Virus Vault just to be safe, and uninstalled Funshion. My Firefox browser also seems to be slower lately, but that could just be me over-thinking the virus detection.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 master131

master131

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:17 AM

You could have a virus that is infecting other executables (polymorphic virus). An example of this is Win32.Virut. These virus normally lead to having to reformat your computer but of course, I could be wrong so lets see what the staff have to say about this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users