Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what should I do if malwarebytes won't work?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brenda_Gallant

Brenda_Gallant

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

My PC is infected by some kind of malware and malwarebytes won't help..?

BTW, I am new here :P

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jamiemcg

Jamiemcg

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

Welcome to the BleepingComputer forums! I hope you enjoy your time spent here and are able to find the answers to any computer related problems that you may encounter!

If your computer is infected with a virus or other malicious file or program, but you are unable to detect or remove it using MalwareBytes, I would suggest that you try running MalwareBytes again, but this time in Safe Mode with Networking, which you can access by rebooting your computer and pressing F8 while it's booting up and then choosing "Safe Mode with Networking".

Once you've booted into Safe Mode with Networking, you should try to run MalwareBytes again, as Safe Mode with Networking will boot your computer using only the drivers that are essential or necessary for your computer to run and access your network and the Internet.

In addition to running another scan with MalwareBytes, I would also suggest that you run an antivirus scan using Microsoft Security Essentials, which can be downloaded for free from the link below.

http://Microsoft.com/Security_Essentials

Good luck and please let us know if this is able to help you remove this virus!

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

Also see POST 2
For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users