Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer slower then a snail that soon gets salted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Penguinsrock

Penguinsrock

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:57 PM

My computer runs fine until I attempt to use it then the program I pull up (internet explorer etc.) it will stop responding then the computer slows to a halt. ctrl alt delete doesn't help it goes to a black screen with an error message reading "logon process has failed to create the security options dialog failure/security options" with options to xit or ok if you hit ok it brings up security pack 2. If you wait while it is the black screen it goes to a please wait screen that looks similar to the login screen. If you click the X it goes back to your regular screen it remain slowed or freezes. Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

Greetings Penguinsrock and Welcome to the forums,

My computer runs fine until I attempt to use it...

I just have to comment...I think that's the best descriptive analysis of any user I have seen in ten years

Have you read over This Posted Sticky Note at the top of the forum? If not, please do so now and post back the requested logs. Thanks!

Disabled Veteran, U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978
mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

Member: U.N.I.T.E.
Performance and Maintenance for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven

#3 1972vet

1972vet

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:52 AM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to anyone of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic
in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.

Disabled Veteran, U.S.C.G. 1972 - 1978
mvpsigpic.jpg
2009 - 2013

Member: U.N.I.T.E.
Performance and Maintenance for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows Seven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users