Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Cloning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 linderman

linderman

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:08 PM

For those of you that would like to par take in the outstanding premier windows OS back-up / you should look to cloning

I found the site www.xxclone.com about six months ago //// you can test drive their software for 30 days

its damn easy to use >>> after downloading the program and installing it / open the program / there are only two GUI windows to interact with

the main console window >>>> here you select your SOURCE drive (the drive you want to make a spare BOOTABLE cope of ) and select your TARGET drive >>>> thats the slave drive you are going to use to make the exact bootable replicca of

next pick which type of back-up (clone) you want >>>> for first timers >>>choose FULL BOOTABLE back-up

in the main window >>> there is an advanced button on the lower left corner //// click that //// put a check mark in the three bottable options boxes (i.e. boot.ini & bootmbr etc )

then close the advanced section

click >>>> START

AFTER THE PROGRAM FINSHES YOU WILL HAVE AN EXACT BOOTABLE COPY OF YOUR ENTIRE hard drive !!! to test it >>>>> just change you boot options in the bios to boot from your slave >>>> or shutdown your computer >>>> remove the power plug from you master original drive >>> set your bios to boot from the slave >>>> and yippie >>>>> you wont be able to tell the diff from your original drive compared to your cloned drive !!

I dont spend 10 minutes in the "recovery console" any more trying to fix boogered up OS's / I just change my boot order and yippie >>>> right back up and running !!

thats easy / I have reccomended this program to all my friends and computer customers >>>> I have never had anyone belly flop with this program !!! never had anyone that couldnt do it !!!

and by the way >>>>> I am not affiliated, sponsored or any other way conencted with xxclone >>>> I am just a computer user to loves to help others

enjoy / dont hesitate to ask more questions

joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 23 December 2005 - 01:59 AM

Excellent. I keep test machines, I think I'll try it. I use Digtal Dolly (Hard drive utility) right now. It boots from the CD.
Sounds like a neat program. To bad it's not freeware/donateware.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:32 AM

XXCLONE Freeware Package (for personal use only)

* No sign up necessary.
* Supports the basic XXCLONE features.

#4 Blink10001

Blink10001

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:37 AM

The best backup solution I have come across is HyperOS - it allows you to run multiple operating systems - up to 22 - across 1 or 2 hard drives - you only have to install XP once - clone the partion by drag and drop - takes minutes - across to the other partitions - the 2005 version will install on your C drive - automatically reboot and partition your drive into up to 4 partitions - and you clone the other drives in minutes - you can also back up copies of each drive - again drag and drop - you should never have to reinstall your OS or apps ever again - use one system for the net - another for your kids - another to test software etc. - if you trash a system you boot onto another system with the GUI - back the data you need on your trashed drive if you haven't already done so - then clone either a backup copy or another partition - in minutes all your systems are perfect again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users