- Removing the battery (and power) and holding the power button
- Trying to hit <ctrl><alt><del> and shift multiple times
- Safe mode... frankly I've tried just about any mode but get no different results.
- Pulled the memory one stick at a time
So I pulled out the Vista install disk, but it does the same thing.... after all the files are "loaded", black screen
Then I tried an XP CD (Home and Professional), but both of those blue screen
- Diagnostics seem fine (dell diag cd)
Then I even tried running the install CD without the HDD, and get the same error even then.
However Ubuntu runs fine booting off the cd with no problems.
Oh, and I also tried going into the bios and disabling anything that might be causing a problem (like wireless, etc.)
Edited by hamluis, 13 March 2011 - 07:20 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Vista.