Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New 2 Group

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jollywalla

Jollywalla

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Greetings all!

I'm Jollywalla, and live in the Charleston, SC area. I have a Yankee's dry sense of humor, sarcasm, and wit. My background is in Curriculum Development and Human Resources. By my conservative estimation, dealing with AV/AM issues, has already taken 10 yrs off my life expectancy, but I painfully trudge on.

Through my many years of conducting new employee orietations, employee benefit presentations, writing employee handbooks, and conducting employee training classes, I soon discovered that if my goal was to lead the mouse to the cheese, information alone wasn't going to do it. (I call it JW's Mouse Theroy) I had to go the extra mile to also anticipate all the wrong turns in the maze, and gently guide my mouse to the shortest route to the cheese!

I share this with the group because, I've got to tell you, reading some of the reader comments is a lesson in reading Geekanese. "At our company, I solved that problem by running XYZ program, ran a total scan in safe mode with network, changed the filename to ZXY to fool the V/M/T into not seeing it, and ran another total scan with the UVW program."

I know today everyone worships brevity. I assume it's because if they're texting, brevity reduces texting costs. To the dwindling numberof us who still communicate only in complete sentences, their messages can be quite cryptic. "OK, JW, just land the space shuttle, restart, and you're clear for takeoff! Easier said than done. Same with computer/software fixes or work arounds.

When you post a fix that requires a download, please remember JW's Mouse Theroy, go the extra mile, and please provide a download link too. That's all I ask from all!

JW

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 PM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:20 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users