Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safe Mode Malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brookie

brookie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:58 AM

By the way all...This forum is the best and I have read dozens and dozens looking for an answer.

I have had the virus for several days now. I cannot connect to the internet. Malwarebytes finds the same two hijackers everytime I get it to run. Most programs are disabled. I cannot restore because its switched off and switches its self off. No bootrescue disk will run. taskmanager is disabled and everytime malwarebytes runs it is disabled again on startup so I have to change it once more. Sometimes it takes half an hour to boot up so constantly resetting it is a nightmare. Windows defender is disabled since my genuine windows is now labelled a fake. I have scanned countless thousands of files looking for the virus. Deleted the same ones over and over again but nothing has worked. Is it time to boot and nuke, something else I found on a forum.
My computer expertise is very limited. I have tried all the things on every forum I have trawled through. My infection is total and nothing anybody else has done works.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:36 AM

Hello, first of all, could you post me an MBAM log so I can see what keeps getting detected?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users