Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Motherboard and CPU

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NeoFight

NeoFight

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:40 PM

Greetings and thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

I have an Acer Aspire5800 series. I had an... accident with my old motherboard when I was installing a new power supply and heat sink. It was bad enough that I needed to replace the motherboard and I also upgraded my CPU at the same time. Here is my problem:

I need to reinstall Windows from the PQSERVICE(E:) drive as I've long since misplaced my recovery disks. I've been searching all over the net for a way to run the factory reset from the CMD prompt with no luck. I can run the restore wizard, but it only offers me the option to restore from an earlier date, not the full factory reset. I'm not real comfortable in the CMD environment, however I've been poking around on tutorials and will continue to do so as this seems to be my only option.

Please, if you have any advice, information or know how to run the factory reset from the CMD prompt I would GREATLY appreciate the help.

Thanks again,
~Neo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users