Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstall IE8 & install IE7, WIN XP-3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rachha

Rachha

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

I have an issue with IE-8. Recently, I installed Win XP SP3. IE-8 is automatically installed with windows. But I am having a problem with IE-8. The platform I work on (My Job), IE-8 is not supporting... Previously, I used to work on IE-7. I tried to uninstall IE-8, but failed.

Can anyone help me uninstall IE-8 and install IE-7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

Is this the procedure you followed?

#3 Rachha

Rachha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:35 PM

I don't know that procedure actually. I tried to uninstall from Add or Remove Programs.

Now I tried this procedure.. I am not seeing "Programs" and "Program Features" in Control Panel.

one more thing, there is no previous version of IE on my system, this came inbuilt with OS. I am using Student Edition XP-3

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

My apologies. Those directions are for Vista and above. I should have read more carefully.

Scroll down to RESOLUTION on this page. > Steps for Windows XP or for Windows Server 2003

To the best of my knowledge IE8 does not come pre-bundled in any version of XP. It is only installed from Windows updates with User`s consent.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

FWIW: XP SP3 installs IE 7, not IE 8.

IE 8 is part of the Windows critical updates that are needed after installing SP3.

Did you install SP3 after you installed IE8? If so, you will no longer be able to uninstall IE8. If you go to Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs, the Remove option will be grayed out.

There are problems if you install SP3 after installing either IE 7 or IE8. See Cannot Uninstall IE 7/8 .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users