Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixit From Microsoft!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 garybear

garybear

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

Hello!!
I just used this to fix my printer problems. It worked great!.I did some research on the program and it seems to me Microsoft is finally trying to help their customers. I thought it was worth mentioning on this forum. I searched on the forum but didn't find any thing new about this program. I'm attaching what CNET said about Fixit a year ago. It appears to me that Microsoft is working on the program and improving it every day.
I'm not a Bill Gates fan, but any thing that might help us old fokes keep our PC's running is appreciated.
It fixed my problem with my printer with just one click. I don't see how it can hurt any thing and I'm hoping it can help someone here on the forum.
If you want to fix it your self, Microsoft gives you that option with steps to try.I just said fixit and it worked for me.
I would like to hear comments from members if they have used this program and had any success.
I hope Microsoft is serious about this program and keeps improving it. Us old people need all the help we can get.:hysterical:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10157210-56.html

http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/

Edited by garybear, 11 March 2011 - 11:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

It has been suggested and tried\used on the Board.

Mixed results.

Have not tracked down every post to see what the split between it fixing and not fixing the problems it was suggested for.

#3 garybear

garybear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

It has been suggested and tried\used on the Board.

Mixed results.

Have not tracked down every post to see what the split between it fixing and not fixing the problems it was suggested for.

Hello Thunder!
Thanks for your reply.
I was hoping it would be a miracle cure for every thing, but really doubted that. At least it looks like Uncle Bill is trying to help us old fokes.
Maybe it will keep getting better as time goes by. Like I said it fixed my problem, so I'm happy about that.
What is the board?? How would I tract down to see what it fixed.??
Thanks again for your reply sir!

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

The Board is all of the BC help Forums.

You may find it recommended in the XP, Vista, and Win 7 forums as well as maybe both the Internal and External hardware forums.

I doubt you would find it used in any of the forums regarding malware as it generally is just not that easy to deal with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users