Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Hard Freezes hijack this log

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 m17xlap

m17xlap

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

Every once in a while during heavy gpu use my computer hard freezes. The screen goes black and i have to hit the power button on my laptop. My troubles started after I updated my video drivers so I tried three different display drivers and even went back to the default driver and my comp still freezes.I noticed my gpu was getting really hot, somewhere in the order of 95-100 C so i though it was a heat issue. I replaced the GPU and its still having the same problem even though my temps are much lower now.

Edited by hamluis, 11 March 2011 - 10:46 AM.
HJT Log removed ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

From what you have posted it doesn't look like this an infection. It looks more like either a hardware or software issue.

Please use the following link to provide us with information about your computer so that we can assist you.

How to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online with the computer Speccy was run on.

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 m17xlap

m17xlap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/17HDO1Zdf3EqjAHnPgDuGT6

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:39 AM

The one thing that Speccy doesn't provide is the make and model of your PSU, please post the make and model.

That Nvidia GPU requires a minimum 500W PSU with a 12V current rating of 36A.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 m17xlap

m17xlap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:48 AM

its a laptop with a psu 19.5V, 12.3amp output so 240W?....That shouldn't be the problem since its not a new system and all was fine until I updated the video drivers. Unfortunately rolling them back to the drivers it was on didnt fix the problem.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:08 AM

Did you add that graphics card?

#7 m17xlap

m17xlap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

i did but that was after i was having trouble and addign it didnt make the problem any worse

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:11 AM

Your power supply isn't up to what is needed with that graphics card, by quite a margin. If may not be all of you problem, but it certainly could be part of it.

#9 m17xlap

m17xlap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

im pretty sure your looking at the desktop version of my card and not the mobile version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users