Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Keylogger or Rootkit?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Xerocool79

Xerocool79

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

Hello,

I'm new here, but I'm having issues with my computer. There's no telltale signs of this other than the one issue that I have right now. I logged onto my Rift account today and found some of my items missing in game, and have no idea how I could have been compromised. Also, quite a few months ago, my email address was hijacked and used to spam send a bunch of fake Blizzard emails to random emails associated with the game. I changed my password, and never had an issue with my email being taken over again (although they did/do attempt to because I get a "have attempted to log in too many times" warning from Hotmail every once in a while.

The only explaination that I could possibly give is that my father (who is VERY computer illiterate) could have compromised my computer on accident by going to a site that he thought was legitimate.

I keep my passwords safe, secret, and use both letters and numbers, and attempt to change them frequently. I don't go to any oddball sites that pop up, nor do I open any suspicious emails (I get phishing emails ALL the time from Blizzard Entertainment - I also play World of Warcraft). I don't give out my passwords, and I keep my computer pretty much up to date. I run Norton Antivirus, Window's Firewall, and recently downloaded and ran both Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware, and today Hyjack This. None of these programs have found any evidence that I was infected with a keylogger or a Rootkit, and I can't read the Hyjack This file to know what it means.

Here's the file:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 12:01:56 PM, on 3/10/2011
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16722)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\17.8.0.5\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Epson Software\Event Manager\EEventManager.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10n_ActiveX.exe
C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DllHost.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\17.8.0.5\IPSBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL
O2 - BHO: URLRedirectionBHO - {B4F3A835-0E21-4959-BA22-42B3008E02FF} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office14\URLREDIR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CLMLServer] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateP2GoShortCut] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go" UpdateWithCreateOnce "SOFTWARE\CyberLink\Power2Go\6.0"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl8] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PDVD8LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\Language\Language.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdatePSTShortCut] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\DVD Suite\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\DVD Suite" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerStarter"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EEventManager] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Epson Software\Event Manager\EEventManager.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCSSync] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\BCSSync.exe" /DelayServices
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EPSON NX125 NX127 Series] C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\E_IATIGGA.EXE /FU "C:\Windows\TEMP\E_S5729.tmp" /EF "HKCU"
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: CurseClientStartup.ccip
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office14\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Se&nd to OneNote - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll/105
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Se&nd to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807573E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\MSOXMLMF.DLL
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AppleChargerSrv - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\AppleChargerSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: EPSON V5 Service4(04) (EPSON_EB_RPCV4_04) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50STB.EXE
O23 - Service: EPSON V3 Service4(04) (EPSON_PM_RPCV4_04) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50RPB.EXE
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus (NAV) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\17.8.0.5\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 8684 bytes

Any help or other ideas that you guys can give me to help solve this issue would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to avoid reinstalling my entire Operating system all over again and going through the painstakingly long task of reinstalling everything I had back onto it.

My OS is Windows 7, BTW.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Malware Response Team
  • 368 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:27 AM

Please note that all instructions given are customised for this computer only, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections.

If you think you have similar problems, please post the appropriate logs in the Malware Removal forum and wait for help.

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer. :)

I'm Dakeyras and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:

• I will start working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
  • It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
  • Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
Windows 7 Advice:

All applications I ask to be used will require to be run in Administrator mode. IE: Right click on and select Run as Administrator.

The Operating System in use comes with a inbuilt utility called User Access Control(UAC) when prompted by this with anything I ask you to do carry out please select the option Allow.

64bit Operating System Advice:

Your log shows signs that this is a 64 bit machine. HijackThis was not made to run on a 64 bit system like yours and it's scan results can not be relied upon. I'm going to need you to run a different scan for me in due course.

Before we start:

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Scan with OTL:

Please download OTL and save it to your Desktop.

Alternate downloads are here and here.

• Right-click on OTL.exe and select Run as Administrator to start OTL.
  • Ensure Include 64bit Scans is selected.
  • Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
  • Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList.
  • Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
  • Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
  • When done, two Notepad files will open.
    • OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
  • Please post the contents of these 2 Notepad files in your next reply.
When completed the above, please post back the following in the order asked for:

• How is you computer performing now, any further symptoms and or problems encountered?
  • Both OTL logs. <-- Post them individually please, IE: one Log per post/reply.

Edited by Dakeyras, 15 March 2011 - 10:42 AM.
Update URL

#3 Xerocool79

Xerocool79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

Hello Dakeyras, and thank you so much for your time! I really appreciate your help in this matter.

As of right now, I have no further intrusions on my game. My computer seems to be operating fine (and it has the whole time... no slowdowns or any other suspicious behavior). However, I do want to be sure that my computer is free from any intrusive software that I may have mistakenly got infected with to prevent future intrusions into my gaming experiences.

So, as of now, I have no issues, but am not satisfied knowing there could potentially be a harmful rootkit or keylogger floating around my system.

Here is the OTL.txt file. I'll post the other in a new reply as requested.

OTL logfile created on: 3/18/2011 2:04:51 PM - Run 1
OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.22.3 Folder = C:\Users\Matt\Desktop
64bit- Home Premium Edition (Version = 6.1.7600) - Type = NTWorkstation
Internet Explorer (Version = 8.0.7600.16385)
Locale: 00000409 | Country: United States | Language: ENU | Date Format: M/d/yyyy

4.00 Gb Total Physical Memory | 3.00 Gb Available Physical Memory | 77.00% Memory free
8.00 Gb Paging File | 6.00 Gb Available in Paging File | 81.00% Paging File free
Paging file location(s): ?:\pagefile.sys [binary data]

%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\Windows | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files (x86)
Drive C: | 465.66 Gb Total Space | 373.71 Gb Free Space | 80.25% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS

Computer Name: MATT-PC | User Name: Matt | Logged in as Administrator.
Boot Mode: Normal | Scan Mode: All users | Include 64bit Scans
Company Name Whitelist: Off | Skip Microsoft Files: Off | No Company Name Whitelist: On | File Age = 30 Days

========== Processes (SafeList) ==========

PRC - C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\OTL.exe (OldTimer Tools)
PRC - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10n_ActiveX.exe (Adobe Systems, Inc.)
PRC - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\18.5.0.125\ccSvcHst.exe (Symantec Corporation)
PRC - C:\Program Files (x86)\Epson Software\Event Manager\EEventManager.exe (SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION)
PRC - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe (CyberLink)
PRC - C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe (CyberLink Corp.)

========== Modules (SafeList) ==========

MOD - C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\OTL.exe (OldTimer Tools)
MOD - C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7600.16661_none_420fe3fa2b8113bd\comctl32.dll (Microsoft Corporation)

========== Win32 Services (SafeList) ==========

SRV:64bit: - (AMD External Events Utility) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\atiesrxx.exe (AMD)
SRV:64bit: - (AppleChargerSrv) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\AppleChargerSrv.exe ()
SRV:64bit: - (EPSON_EB_RPCV4_04) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50STB.EXE (SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION)
SRV:64bit: - (EPSON_PM_RPCV4_04) -- C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S50RPB.EXE (SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION)
SRV:64bit: - (WinDefend) -- C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll (Microsoft Corporation)
SRV - (NAV) -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\18.5.0.125\ccSvcHst.exe (Symantec Corporation)
SRV - (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32) -- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
SRV - (clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32) -- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

========== Driver Services (SafeList) ==========

DRV:64bit: - (SymEvent) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\SYMEVENT64x86.SYS (Symantec Corporation)
DRV:64bit: - (SYMNETS) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\NAVx64\1205000.07D\symnets.sys (Symantec Corporation)
DRV:64bit: - (SRTSP) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\NAVx64\1205000.07D\srtsp64.sys (Symantec Corporation)
DRV:64bit: - (SRTSPX) Symantec Real Time Storage Protection (PEL) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\NAVx64\1205000.07D\srtspx64.sys (Symantec Corporation)
DRV:64bit: - (SymEFA) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\NAVx64\1205000.07D\SymEFA64.sys (Symantec Corporation)
DRV:64bit: - (SymIRON) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\NAVx64\1205000.07D\Ironx64.sys (Symantec Corporation)
DRV:64bit: - (amdkmdag) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\atikmdag.sys (ATI Technologies Inc.)
DRV:64bit: - (amdkmdap) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\atikmpag.sys (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)
DRV:64bit: - (SymDS) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\NAVx64\1205000.07D\SymDS64.sys (Symantec Corporation)
DRV:64bit: - (AppleCharger) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\AppleCharger.sys ()
DRV:64bit: - (RTL8167) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\Rt64win7.sys (Realtek )
DRV:64bit: - (RTHDMIAzAudService) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\RtHDMIVX.sys (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)
DRV:64bit: - (usbfilter) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\usbfilter.sys (Advanced Micro Devices)
DRV:64bit: - (amdsata) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\amdsata.sys (Advanced Micro Devices)
DRV:64bit: - (amdxata) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\amdxata.sys (Advanced Micro Devices)
DRV:64bit: - (amdsbs) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\amdsbs.sys (AMD Technologies Inc.)
DRV:64bit: - (LSI_SAS2) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\lsi_sas2.sys (LSI Corporation)
DRV:64bit: - (HpSAMD) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\HpSAMD.sys (Hewlett-Packard Company)
DRV:64bit: - (stexstor) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\stexstor.sys (Promise Technology)
DRV:64bit: - (Ntfs) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\wbem\ntfs.mof ()
DRV:64bit: - (ebdrv) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\evbda.sys (Broadcom Corporation)
DRV:64bit: - (b06bdrv) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\bxvbda.sys (Broadcom Corporation)
DRV:64bit: - (b57nd60a) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\b57nd60a.sys (Broadcom Corporation)
DRV:64bit: - (hcw85cir) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\hcw85cir.sys (Hauppauge Computer Works, Inc.)
DRV:64bit: - (AtiPcie) AMD PCI Express (3GIO) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\AtiPcie.sys (Advanced Micro Devices Inc.)
DRV - (NAVEX15) -- C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\NAV_18.5.0.125\Definitions\VirusDefs\20110317.036\EX64.SYS (Symantec Corporation)
DRV - (NAVENG) -- C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\NAV_18.5.0.125\Definitions\VirusDefs\20110317.036\ENG64.SYS (Symantec Corporation)
DRV - (BHDrvx64) -- C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\NAV_18.5.0.125\Definitions\BASHDefs\20110309.001\BHDrvx64.sys (Symantec Corporation)
DRV - (IDSVia64) -- C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\NAV_18.5.0.125\Definitions\IPSDefs\20110317.002\IDSviA64.sys (Symantec Corporation)
DRV - (eeCtrl) -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\eeCtrl64.sys (Symantec Corporation)
DRV - (EraserUtilRebootDrv) -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\EENGINE\EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys (Symantec Corporation)

========== Standard Registry (SafeList) ==========

========== Internet Explorer ==========

IE - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm

IE - HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyEnable" = 0

IE - HKU\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyEnable" = 0

IE - HKU\S-1-5-21-1060376002-4250305795-4126409014-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
IE - HKU\S-1-5-21-1060376002-4250305795-4126409014-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page Redirect Cache = http://www.msn.com/
IE - HKU\S-1-5-21-1060376002-4250305795-4126409014-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page Redirect Cache AcceptLangs = en-us
IE - HKU\S-1-5-21-1060376002-4250305795-4126409014-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page Redirect Cache_TIMESTAMP = 9F 4E C7 BB B2 6F CB 01 [binary data]
IE - HKU\S-1-5-21-1060376002-4250305795-4126409014-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyEnable" = 0

FF - HKLM\software\mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\\{BBDA0591-3099-440a-AA10-41764D9DB4DB}: C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\NAV_18.5.0.125\IPSFFPlgn\ [2011/03/16 16:57:06 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M]

O1 HOSTS File: ([2009/06/10 16:00:26 | 000,000,824 | ---- | M]) - C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\etc\hosts
O2 - BHO: (Symantec Intrusion Prevention) - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\18.5.0.125\IPS\IPSBHO.dll (Symantec Corporation)
O4:64bit: - HKLM..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe (Realtek Semiconductor)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [CLMLServer] C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe (CyberLink)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [EEventManager] C:\Program Files (x86)\Epson Software\Event Manager\EEventManager.exe (SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [PDVD8LanguageShortcut] C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\Language\Language.exe (CyberLink Corp.)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [RemoteControl8] C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe (CyberLink Corp.)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [StartCCC] C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [UpdateP2GoShortCut] C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe (CyberLink Corp.)
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [UpdatePSTShortCut] C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\DVD Suite\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe (CyberLink Corp.)
O4 - HKU\S-1-5-19..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
O4 - HKU\S-1-5-20..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
O4 - HKU\S-1-5-21-1060376002-4250305795-4126409014-1000..\Run: [EPSON NX125 NX127 Series] File not found
O4 - HKU\S-1-5-19..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] File not found
O4 - HKU\S-1-5-20..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] File not found
O4 - Startup: C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\CurseClientStartup.ccip ()
O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer: NoActiveDesktop = 1
O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer: NoActiveDesktopChanges = 1
O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System: ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin = 5
O6 - HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System: ConsentPromptBehaviorUser = 3
O13 - gopher Prefix: missing
O13 - gopher Prefix: missing
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab (Shockwave ActiveX Control)
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer = 192.168.1.100 97.64.168.12 97.64.183.165
O18:64bit: - Protocol\Handler\ms-help {314111c7-a502-11d2-bbca-00c04f8ec294} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
O20:64bit: - HKLM Winlogon: Shell - (explorer.exe) - C:\Windows\explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
O20:64bit: - HKLM Winlogon: VMApplet - (SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe) - C:\Windows\SysNative\SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
O20:64bit: - HKLM Winlogon: VMApplet - (/pagefile) - File not found
O20 - HKLM Winlogon: Shell - (explorer.exe) - C:\Windows\SysWow64\explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
O20 - HKLM Winlogon: VMApplet - (/pagefile) - File not found
O21:64bit: - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - CLSID or File not found.
O21 - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - CLSID or File not found.
O32 - HKLM CDRom: AutoRun - 1
O34 - HKLM BootExecute: (autocheck autochk *) - File not found
O35:64bit: - HKLM\..comfile [open] -- "%1" %*
O35:64bit: - HKLM\..exefile [open] -- "%1" %*
O35 - HKLM\..comfile [open] -- "%1" %*
O35 - HKLM\..exefile [open] -- "%1" %*
O37:64bit: - HKLM\...com [@ = comfile] -- "%1" %*
O37:64bit: - HKLM\...exe [@ = exefile] -- "%1" %*
O37 - HKLM\...com [@ = comfile] -- "%1" %*
O37 - HKLM\...exe [@ = exefile] -- "%1" %*

========== Files/Folders - Created Within 30 Days ==========

[2011/03/18 14:03:27 | 000,580,608 | ---- | C] (OldTimer Tools) -- C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\OTL.exe
[2011/03/16 16:57:23 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\Matt\Documents\Symantec
[2011/03/16 16:36:10 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Tific
[2011/03/16 16:36:10 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Symantec
[2011/03/10 17:37:22 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\CrashDumps
[2011/03/10 09:22:10 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab Setup Files
[2011/03/09 18:10:05 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes
[2011/03/09 18:09:55 | 000,038,224 | ---- | C] (Malwarebytes Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
[2011/03/09 18:09:55 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
[2011/03/09 18:09:55 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes
[2011/03/09 18:09:52 | 000,024,152 | ---- | C] (Malwarebytes Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\mbam.sys
[2011/03/09 18:09:52 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
[2011/03/09 09:50:07 | 001,540,608 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\DWrite.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:07 | 001,074,176 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\DWrite.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:07 | 000,902,656 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\d2d1.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:07 | 000,739,840 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\d2d1.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:06 | 000,961,024 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\CPFilters.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:06 | 000,723,968 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\EncDec.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:06 | 000,642,048 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\CPFilters.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:05 | 001,118,720 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\sbe.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:05 | 000,850,432 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\sbe.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:05 | 000,534,528 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EncDec.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:05 | 000,259,072 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\mpg2splt.ax
[2011/03/09 09:50:05 | 000,199,680 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\mpg2splt.ax
[2011/03/09 09:50:04 | 003,138,048 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\mstscax.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:04 | 002,690,560 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\mstscax.dll
[2011/03/09 09:50:04 | 001,034,240 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\mstsc.exe
[2011/03/09 09:50:03 | 001,097,216 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\mstsc.exe
[2011/02/28 21:07:30 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\Adobe
[2011/02/25 02:16:09 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Mumble
[2011/02/25 02:15:45 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Mumble
[2011/02/25 02:15:45 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mumble
[2011/02/24 13:44:21 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\RIFT
[2011/02/24 13:44:20 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT Game
[2011/02/24 13:34:52 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CCleaner
[2011/02/24 13:34:51 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files\CCleaner
[2011/02/22 15:29:03 | 000,662,528 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\XpsPrint.dll
[2011/02/22 15:29:03 | 000,475,648 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\XpsGdiConverter.dll
[2011/02/22 15:29:03 | 000,442,880 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\XpsPrint.dll
[2011/02/22 15:29:03 | 000,288,256 | ---- | C] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\XpsGdiConverter.dll
[1 C:\Windows\*.tmp files -> C:\Windows\*.tmp -> ]

========== Files - Modified Within 30 Days ==========

[2011/03/18 14:03:28 | 000,580,608 | ---- | M] (OldTimer Tools) -- C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\OTL.exe
[2011/03/18 11:50:54 | 000,015,008 | -H-- | M] () -- C:\Windows\SysNative\7B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-5P-1.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0
[2011/03/18 11:50:54 | 000,015,008 | -H-- | M] () -- C:\Windows\SysNative\7B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-5P-0.C7483456-A289-439d-8115-601632D005A0
[2011/03/18 11:45:49 | 000,067,584 | --S- | M] () -- C:\Windows\bootstat.dat
[2011/03/17 18:56:47 | 000,001,068 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\World of Warcraft.lnk
[2011/03/16 17:02:13 | 000,726,316 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\SysNative\PerfStringBackup.INI
[2011/03/16 17:02:13 | 000,623,940 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\SysNative\perfh009.dat
[2011/03/16 17:02:13 | 000,106,316 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\SysNative\perfc009.dat
[2011/03/16 16:56:28 | 000,002,396 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Norton AntiVirus.lnk
[2011/03/16 16:56:17 | 001,249,330 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\NAVx64\1205000.07D\Cat.DB
[2011/03/16 16:56:12 | 3218,202,624 | -HS- | M] () -- C:\hiberfil.sys
[2011/03/16 16:55:10 | 000,174,640 | ---- | M] (Symantec Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\SYMEVENT64x86.SYS
[2011/03/16 16:55:10 | 000,007,440 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\SYMEVENT64x86.CAT
[2011/03/16 16:55:10 | 000,000,854 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\SysNative\drivers\SYMEVENT64x86.INF
[2011/03/16 16:52:33 | 000,001,940 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\{96C87F53-AC72-4604-A9CC-186A49F17F3C}.ini
[2011/03/09 18:36:23 | 000,002,052 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\epplauncher.mif
[2011/03/09 18:09:57 | 000,001,113 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.lnk
[2011/02/25 02:23:27 | 000,002,378 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Matt\Documents\MumbleAutomaticCertificateBackup.p12
[2011/02/25 02:15:47 | 000,001,014 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Mumble.lnk
[2011/02/24 13:44:36 | 000,001,935 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\RIFT.lnk
[2011/02/24 13:34:52 | 000,000,822 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\CCleaner.lnk
[2011/02/19 01:37:10 | 001,540,608 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\DWrite.dll
[2011/02/19 01:36:49 | 000,902,656 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysNative\d2d1.dll
[2011/02/19 00:32:48 | 001,074,176 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\DWrite.dll
[2011/02/19 00:32:35 | 000,739,840 | ---- | M] (Microsoft Corporation) -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\d2d1.dll

========== Files Created - No Company Name ==========

[2011/03/16 16:52:33 | 000,001,940 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\{96C87F53-AC72-4604-A9CC-186A49F17F3C}.ini
[2011/03/09 18:36:23 | 000,002,052 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\epplauncher.mif
[2011/03/09 18:09:56 | 000,001,113 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.lnk
[2011/02/25 02:23:27 | 000,002,378 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Matt\Documents\MumbleAutomaticCertificateBackup.p12
[2011/02/25 02:15:47 | 000,001,014 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Mumble.lnk
[2011/02/24 13:44:35 | 000,001,935 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\RIFT.lnk
[2011/02/24 13:34:52 | 000,000,822 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\CCleaner.lnk
[2010/10/19 22:53:47 | 000,000,268 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\{789289CA-F73A-4A16-A331-54D498CE069F}_WiseFW.ini
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,073,220 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPrinterDB.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,031,053 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPattern131.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,029,114 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPattern1.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,027,417 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPattern121.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,021,021 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPattern3.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,015,670 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPattern5.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,013,280 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPattern2.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,010,673 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPattern4.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,004,943 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPattern6.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,001,140 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPresetData_PT.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,001,140 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPresetData_BP.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,001,137 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPresetData_ES.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,001,130 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPresetData_FR.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,001,130 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPresetData_CF.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,001,104 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\EPPICPresetData_EN.dat
[2010/10/19 22:33:54 | 000,000,097 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\PICSDK.ini
[2010/10/19 22:31:18 | 000,000,094 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\ENX125_127.ini
[2010/10/19 12:53:59 | 000,000,000 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\ativpsrm.bin
[2010/10/19 12:17:56 | 000,000,010 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\GSetup.ini
[2010/09/17 19:17:02 | 000,002,888 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\atipblag.dat
[2009/08/27 02:04:12 | 000,207,400 | R--- | C] () -- C:\Windows\GSetup.exe
[2009/07/14 00:38:36 | 000,067,584 | --S- | C] () -- C:\Windows\bootstat.dat
[2009/07/13 21:35:51 | 000,000,741 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\NOISE.DAT
[2009/07/13 21:34:42 | 000,215,943 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\dssec.dat
[2009/07/13 19:10:29 | 000,043,131 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\mib.bin
[2009/07/13 18:42:10 | 000,064,000 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\BWContextHandler.dll
[2009/07/13 16:03:59 | 000,364,544 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\msjetoledb40.dll
[2009/06/10 16:26:10 | 000,673,088 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\mlang.dat

< End of report >

#4 Xerocool79

Xerocool79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

Here is the Extras.txt file as requested

OTL Extras logfile created on: 3/18/2011 2:04:51 PM - Run 1
OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.22.3 Folder = C:\Users\Matt\Desktop
64bit- Home Premium Edition (Version = 6.1.7600) - Type = NTWorkstation
Internet Explorer (Version = 8.0.7600.16385)
Locale: 00000409 | Country: United States | Language: ENU | Date Format: M/d/yyyy

4.00 Gb Total Physical Memory | 3.00 Gb Available Physical Memory | 77.00% Memory free
8.00 Gb Paging File | 6.00 Gb Available in Paging File | 81.00% Paging File free
Paging file location(s): ?:\pagefile.sys [binary data]

%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\Windows | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files (x86)
Drive C: | 465.66 Gb Total Space | 373.71 Gb Free Space | 80.25% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS

Computer Name: MATT-PC | User Name: Matt | Logged in as Administrator.
Boot Mode: Normal | Scan Mode: All users | Include 64bit Scans
Company Name Whitelist: Off | Skip Microsoft Files: Off | No Company Name Whitelist: On | File Age = 30 Days

========== Extra Registry (SafeList) ==========

========== File Associations ==========

64bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\<extension>]
.url[@ = InternetShortcut] -- C:\Windows\SysNative\rundll32.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\<extension>]
.cpl [@ = cplfile] -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\control.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

========== Shell Spawning ==========

64bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\<key>\shell\[command]\command]
batfile [open] -- "%1" %* File not found
cmdfile [open] -- "%1" %* File not found
comfile [open] -- "%1" %* File not found
exefile [open] -- "%1" %* File not found
helpfile [open] -- Reg Error: Key error.
inffile [install] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\InfDefaultInstall.exe "%1" (Microsoft Corporation)
InternetShortcut [open] -- "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll",OpenURL %l (Microsoft Corporation)
InternetShortcut [print] -- "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe" "C:\Windows\System32\mshtml.dll",PrintHTML "%1" (Microsoft Corporation)
piffile [open] -- "%1" %* File not found
regfile [merge] -- Reg Error: Key error.
scrfile [config] -- "%1" File not found
scrfile [install] -- rundll32.exe desk.cpl,InstallScreenSaver %l File not found
scrfile [open] -- "%1" /S File not found
txtfile [edit] -- Reg Error: Key error.
Unknown [openas] -- %SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL %1 File not found
Directory [cmd] -- cmd.exe /s /k pushd "%V" (Microsoft Corporation)
Directory [find] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
Folder [open] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
Folder [explore] -- Reg Error: Value error.
Drive [find] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\<key>\shell\[command]\command]
batfile [open] -- "%1" %*
cmdfile [open] -- "%1" %*
comfile [open] -- "%1" %*
cplfile [cplopen] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\control.exe "%1",%* (Microsoft Corporation)
exefile [open] -- "%1" %*
helpfile [open] -- Reg Error: Key error.
inffile [install] -- %SystemRoot%\System32\InfDefaultInstall.exe "%1" (Microsoft Corporation)
piffile [open] -- "%1" %*
regfile [merge] -- Reg Error: Key error.
scrfile [config] -- "%1"
scrfile [install] -- rundll32.exe desk.cpl,InstallScreenSaver %l
scrfile [open] -- "%1" /S
txtfile [edit] -- Reg Error: Key error.
Unknown [openas] -- %SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL %1
Directory [cmd] -- cmd.exe /s /k pushd "%V" (Microsoft Corporation)
Directory [find] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
Folder [open] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
Folder [explore] -- Reg Error: Value error.
Drive [find] -- %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

========== Security Center Settings ==========

64bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
"cval" = 1

64bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Monitoring]

64bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Svc]
"VistaSp1" = 28 4D B2 76 41 04 CA 01 [binary data]
"AntiVirusOverride" = 0
"AntiSpywareOverride" = 0
"FirewallOverride" = 0

64bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Svc\Vol]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Svc]

========== Firewall Settings ==========

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile]
"DisableNotifications" = 0
"EnableFirewall" = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile]
"EnableFirewall" = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\PublicProfile]
"EnableFirewall" = 1

========== Authorized Applications List ==========

========== HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Uninstall List ==========

64bit: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]
"{3DDACE1F-3B1E-D6AB-CD3D-B6E987511945}" = ATI Catalyst Install Manager
"{503640E5-B2ED-3173-D109-D4D03153471A}" = AMD Drag and Drop Transcoding
"{90140000-002A-0000-1000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Office 64-bit Components 2010
"{90140000-002A-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Shared 64-bit MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-0116-0409-1000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Shared 64-bit Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2010
"{F5B09CFD-F0B2-36AF-8DF4-1DF6B63FC7B4}" = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
"{FD53298A-4734-AFCB-B733-4C07776E589E}" = ccc-utility64
"CCleaner" = CCleaner
"EPSON NX125 NX127 Series" = EPSON NX125 NX127 Series Printer Uninstall
"Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile" = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]
"{002D9D5E-29BA-3E6D-9BC4-3D7D6DBC735C}" = Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 ATL Update kb973924 - x86 9.0.30729.4148
"{03B8AA32-F23C-4178-B8E6-09ECD07EAA47}" = Epson Event Manager
"{179C91E9-D9ED-D5CC-F0D8-9579DBDED8D6}" = CCC Help English
"{1FBF6C24-C1FD-4101-A42B-0C564F9E8E79}" = LG Power Tools
"{2BF2E31F-B8BB-40A7-B650-98D28E0F7D47}" = LG CyberLink PowerDVD
"{3DECD372-76A1-4483-BF10-B547790A3261}" = ON_OFF Charge B10.0427.1
"{40BF1E83-20EB-11D8-97C5-0009C5020658}" = LG CyberLink Power2Go
"{46C045BF-2B3F-4BC4-8E4C-00E0CF8BD9DB}" = Adobe AIR
"{5449FB4F-1802-4D5B-A6D8-087DB1142147}" = Realtek HDMI Audio Driver for ATI
"{6C8B53B9-41EE-AD83-007A-55EE64DE6932}" = Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Common
"{7299052b-02a4-4627-81f2-1818da5d550d}" = Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
"{770657D0-A123-3C07-8E44-1C83EC895118}" = Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 ATL Update kb973923 - x86 8.0.50727.4053
"{789289CA-F73A-4A16-A331-54D498CE069F}" = Ventrilo Client
"{8833FFB6-5B0C-4764-81AA-06DFEED9A476}" = Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver For Windows 7
"{90140000-0015-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Access MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-0016-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-0018-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-0019-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Publisher MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-001A-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Outlook MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-001F-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2010
"{90140000-001F-040C-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2010
"{90140000-001F-0C0A-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2010
"{90140000-002C-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2010
"{90140000-0044-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office InfoPath MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-006E-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-00A1-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office OneNote MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-00BA-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Groove MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-0115-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2010
"{90140000-0117-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2010
"{91140000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}" = Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
"{987B04C4-B5AC-4AD6-A7E9-8D681085B850}" = AMD USB Filter Driver
"{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A94000000001}" = Adobe Reader 9.4.2
"{B4E343DD-BAAB-4D59-AD9C-DEA0AFE09DF1}" = Mumble 1.2.3
"{CF5DE1DD-F7E6-694D-1E82-84C7C9C9ABDB}" = Catalyst Control Center Graphics Previews Vista
"{D7A0A22A-C132-4B6F-8D68-67B95117DE93}" = RIFT
"{DDA34038-89BD-4804-B0B8-DC48D5DFB463}" = Catalyst Control Center - Branding
"{F132AF7F-7BCA-4EDE-8A7C-958108FE7DBC}" = Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
"{F71E7762-8A64-AECC-0917-DA51677041CF}" = Catalyst Control Center InstallProxy
"{F9D65BA1-84C5-B4CB-91FE-D68F07ECBA24}" = ccc-core-static
"{FF66E9F6-83E7-3A3E-AF14-8DE9A809A6A4}" = Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022
"Adobe AIR" = Adobe AIR
"Adobe Flash Player ActiveX" = Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
"Adobe Shockwave Player" = Adobe Shockwave Player 11.5
"EPSON Scanner" = EPSON Scan
"InstallShield_{1FBF6C24-C1FD-4101-A42B-0C564F9E8E79}" = LG Power Tools
"InstallShield_{2BF2E31F-B8BB-40A7-B650-98D28E0F7D47}" = LG CyberLink PowerDVD
"InstallShield_{40BF1E83-20EB-11D8-97C5-0009C5020658}" = LG CyberLink Power2Go
"InstallShield_{D7A0A22A-C132-4B6F-8D68-67B95117DE93}" = RIFT
"Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware_is1" = Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
"NAV" = Norton AntiVirus
"Office14.PROPLUSR" = Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
"StarCraft II" = StarCraft II
"World of Warcraft" = World of Warcraft

========== HKEY_USERS Uninstall List ==========

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1060376002-4250305795-4126409014-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]
"090215de958f1060" = Curse Client

========== Last 10 Event Log Errors ==========

[ Application Events ]
Error - 3/10/2011 6:37:34 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = Application Error | ID = 1000
Description = Faulting application name: RootkitRevealer.exe, version: 1.71.0.0,
time stamp: 0x44e255aa Faulting module name: RootkitRevealer.exe, version: 1.71.0.0,
time stamp: 0x44e255aa Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000040cd Faulting
process id: 0x434 Faulting application start time: 0x01cbdf73bfb6ba5f Faulting application
path: C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\RootkitRevealer\RootkitRevealer.exe Faulting module
path: C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\RootkitRevealer\RootkitRevealer.exe Report Id: fd6a6960-4b66-11e0-839f-1c6f6548381c

Error - 3/10/2011 6:37:53 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = Application Error | ID = 1000
Description = Faulting application name: RootkitRevealer.exe, version: 1.71.0.0,
time stamp: 0x44e255aa Faulting module name: RootkitRevealer.exe, version: 1.71.0.0,
time stamp: 0x44e255aa Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000040cd Faulting
process id: 0x1388 Faulting application start time: 0x01cbdf73cb3d2c38 Faulting application
path: C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\RootkitRevealer\RootkitRevealer.exe Report Id: 08f59dfa-4b67-11e0-839f-1c6f6548381c

Error - 3/10/2011 6:39:36 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = Application Error | ID = 1000
process id: 0xe04 Faulting application start time: 0x01cbdf7408a5f6ee Faulting application
path: C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\RootkitRevealer\RootkitRevealer.exe Report Id: 4659a5f0-4b67-11e0-839f-1c6f6548381c

Error - 3/10/2011 7:09:53 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = SideBySide | ID = 16842811
Description = Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT
Game\rifterrorhandler.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT
Game\rifterrorhandler.exe" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax.

Error - 3/10/2011 10:12:27 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = SideBySide | ID = 16842811
Description = Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT
Game\rifterrorhandler.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\RIFT

Error - 3/11/2011 3:44:45 AM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = SideBySide | ID = 16842811
Description = Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\rift
game\rifterrorhandler.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\rift
game\rifterrorhandler.exe" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax.

Error - 3/16/2011 5:59:43 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = SideBySide | ID = 16842811

Error - 3/16/2011 10:24:21 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = SideBySide | ID = 16842811
Description = Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\rift
game\rifterrorhandler.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "c:\program files (x86)\rift
game\rifterrorhandler.exe" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax.

Error - 3/17/2011 3:45:10 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = SideBySide | ID = 16842811

Error - 3/17/2011 9:55:47 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = SideBySide | ID = 16842811

[ System Events ]
Error - 1/25/2011 2:49:17 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = Service Control Manager | ID = 7031
Description = The Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in
60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Error - 1/25/2011 2:49:17 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = Service Control Manager | ID = 7031
Description = The Human Interface Device Access service terminated unexpectedly.
120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Description = The HomeGroup Listener service terminated unexpectedly. It has done
this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds:
Restart the service.

Description = The Network Connections service terminated unexpectedly. It has done
this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 100 milliseconds:
Restart the service.

Description = The Program Compatibility Assistant Service service terminated unexpectedly.
60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Description = The Superfetch service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this
1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds:
Restart the service.

Description = The Distributed Link Tracking Client service terminated unexpectedly.

Description = The Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service terminated unexpectedly.

Description = The Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework service
terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective
action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Error - 2/24/2011 8:55:27 PM | Computer Name = Matt-PC | Source = Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General | ID = 5
Description =

< End of report >

#5 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Malware Response Team
  • 368 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hi. :)

Hello Dakeyras, and thank you so much for your time! I really appreciate your help in this matter.

You're most welcome and thanks for the update also!

If not aware Service Pack 1 has been recently released for Windows 7, I highly advise you install this once I give the all clear but not before OK as otherwise it may hinder the overall Malware/Check/Removal process.

Information about such can be read here. You should be able to get this via Windows Update and or download it and install etc. As I mentioned prior do not install this just yet, thank you.

Lets proceed as follows shall we...

Next:

Out of date Adobe installations pose a security risk. They can be used by malware as a means to infect a computer and or re-infect. We will update this in due course.

Now please go to Start(Windows 7 Orb) >> Control Panel >> Programs and Features and remove the following (if present):

Adobe Reader 9.4.2

To do so click once on the above to highlight, then click on Uninstall and follow the prompts.

Backup the Registry:

Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.

• Please go here and download ERUNT.
  • ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
  • Right-click on erunt-setup.exe and select Run as Administrator to Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
  • Use the default install settings but say No to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the Start-Up folder.
  • Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
  • Choose a location for the backup. Note: the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable.
  • Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.
  • Click on OK
  • Then click on YES to create the folder.
Note: If it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe

Custom OTL Script:

• Right-click OTL.exe and select Run as Administrator to start the program.
  • Copy the lines from the codebox to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):
:OTL
O4 - HKU\S-1-5-19..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] File not found
O4 - HKU\S-1-5-20..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] File not found
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
O18:64bit: - Protocol\Handler\ms-help {314111c7-a502-11d2-bbca-00c04f8ec294} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found

:Files
ipconfig /flushdns /c

:Commands
[Purity]
[ResetHosts]
[EmptyFlash]
[EmptyTemp]
[CreateRestorePoint]
[Reboot]
  • Return to OTL, right-click in the Custom Scans/Fixes window (under the cyan bar) and choose Paste.
  • Then click the red Run Fix button.
  • Let the program run unhindered.
  • If OTL asks to reboot your computer, allow it to do so. The report should appear in Notepad after the reboot.
Note: The logfile can also be located C: >> _OTL >> MovedFiles >> DD/DD/DD TT/TT.txt <-- denotes date/time log created.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware:

Note: Remember to right click MBAM and select Run As Administrator.

• Launch the application, Check for Updates >> Perform a Quick Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

When completed the above, please post back the following in the order asked for:

• How is your computer performing now, any further symptoms and or problems encountered?
  • OTL Log from the Custom Script.
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Log.

#6 Xerocool79

Xerocool79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hello again, Dakeyras! :)

Updated report for you:

So far after all of your instructions, I haven't had any performance issues or problems with my computer. Everything still seems to be working nice and neat. No hacks have happened in my games since March 8th, and don't seem to be happening now... at least for the time being.

Ran the scans, and did the registry fix, and here's the text files.

OTL.txt File

All processes killed
========== OTL ==========
Registry value HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\\mctadmin deleted successfully.
Registry value HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\\mctadmin deleted successfully.
Starting removal of ActiveX control {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}
C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\gp.inf not found.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}\ deleted successfully.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}\ not found.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}\ not found.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}\ not found.
64bit-Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Handler\ms-help\ deleted successfully.
64bit-Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{314111c7-a502-11d2-bbca-00c04f8ec294}\ not found.
File {314111c7-a502-11d2-bbca-00c04f8ec294} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found not found.
C:\Windows\msdownld.tmp folder deleted successfully.
========== FILES ==========
< ipconfig /flushdns /c >
Windows IP Configuration
Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\cmd.bat deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\cmd.txt deleted successfully.
========== COMMANDS ==========
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\Hosts moved successfully.
HOSTS file reset successfully

[EMPTYFLASH]

User: All Users

User: Default
->Flash cache emptied: 56502 bytes

User: Default User
->Flash cache emptied: 0 bytes

User: Matt
->Flash cache emptied: 23351 bytes

User: Public

Total Flash Files Cleaned = 0.00 mb

[EMPTYTEMP]

User: All Users

User: Default
->Temp folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 33170 bytes

User: Default User
->Temp folder emptied: 0 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 0 bytes

User: Matt
->Temp folder emptied: 11687893 bytes
->Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 36508005 bytes

User: Public

%systemdrive% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot% .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32 .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32 (64bit) .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
%systemroot%\System32\drivers .tmp files removed: 0 bytes
Windows Temp folder emptied: 252215 bytes
%systemroot%\sysnative\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files folder emptied: 50333 bytes
RecycleBin emptied: 0 bytes

Total Files Cleaned = 46.00 mb

Restore point Set: OTL Restore Point

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.22.3 log created on 03182011_180821

Files\Folders moved on Reboot...
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_E7FCE689-588C-4A59-9F38-E559D29DD847.0\7E14598E. not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_E65CEFEC-FBF3-4475-A5C6-601BB9FC16D8.0\14CBA73. not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_E41F4656-4DB7-4C5D-A08B-3DA102163864.0\9C523444. not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_CD48CEB7-F577-416C-93D5-7190B57C0831.0\A52CBE01. not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_B25BDF0A-4031-49C7-88DF-9E93C9A15CC2.0\25001740. not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_9AB938BF-3C06-49EC-B9DF-DB46F4C20B8F.0\ECEB6457. not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_88769C29-D685-4E33-8BF5-19409443395E.0\CE66579. not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_64E3C038-80BA-4EBE-8972-1706C961DD33.0\F99E1D6C. not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_0E776EBE-A225-4055-B91B-0D7D00E37986.0\6C5282D. not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\OICE_09D4E1C5-19D2-4519-A4A7-046BC47D1A3B.0\5287D1CB. not found!
C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt moved successfully.
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\~DF02EFB93E2C980857.TMP not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\~DF31E75624B8C4BDD4.TMP not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\~DF9D648E6874E41B72.TMP not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\~DFCF90E7526F99133A.TMP not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\~DFDAF7B27B3F5DF1C8.TMP not found!
File\Folder C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\~DFEDE2A45E86225D9E.TMP not found!
C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\Y3GF4E2V\page__p__2164663[1].htm moved successfully.
C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\AntiPhishing\2CEDBFBC-DBA8-43AA-B1FD-CC8E6316E3E2.dat moved successfully.
C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\WL5UEZQO\addons-tracker-v4[1].htm moved successfully.

Registry entries deleted on Reboot...

Edited by Xerocool79, 18 March 2011 - 06:35 PM.

#7 Xerocool79

Xerocool79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

Malwarebyte's Scan .txt file

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6102

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

3/18/2011 6:17:10 PM
mbam-log-2011-03-18 (18-17-10).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 159078
Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 46 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#8 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Malware Response Team
  • 368 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:31 AM

So far after all of your instructions, I haven't had any performance issues or problems with my computer. Everything still seems to be working nice and neat. No hacks have happened in my games since March 8th, and don't seem to be happening now... at least for the time being.

Good.

As a precaution if not done so I would also change the actual passwords and secret question(plus answer) for all associated accounts again when I give the all clear to be on the safe side.

Note: When creating a new password use a series of both random upper/lower case letters and include some random alpha numerics also etc as you mentioned you do so in your first post.

A example would be: THi85S1&3IsA7Eg4u2tWMg4r <---Do not use this one Xerocool79 , merely a invented example for yourself.

This is a good test for the strength of any passwords created: Password Checker

Router Advice:

If you are using a Router, reset it then change the Admin(login) password. Ensure the NAT(Network Address Translation) Firewall is active. If a actual Wireless Router check it is secure....Further information about this can be read here. Finally check for any firmware updates.

If the default password is retained, a remote attacker can install his own server address in between you and your Internet Service Provider. (The default passwords are published).

New Adobe Reader Installation:

• Go here and click on AdbeRdr1000_en_US.exe to download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
  • Save this file to your desktop and run it to install the latest version of Adobe Reader.
  • After the new Reader is installed, Open Adobe Reader X. (Right click and Run as administrator with Windows 7)
  • OK the license.
  • Click on Edit and select Preferences.
  • On the Left, click on the Javascript category and Uncheck Enable Acrobat Javascript.
  • Click on the Security (Enhanced) category and Uncheck Automatically trust sites from my Win OS security zones.
  • Click on the Trust Manager category and Uncheck Allow opening of non-PDF file attachments with external applications.
  • Click the OK button
TFC(Temp File Cleaner):

• Please download TFC to your desktop,
  • Save any unsaved work. TFC will close all open application windows.
  • Right-click TFC.exe and select Run as Administrator to run the program.
  • Click the Start button in the bottom left of TFC
  • If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
Note: Save your work. TFC will automatically close any open programs, let it run uninterrupted. It should not take longer than a couple of minutes , and may only take a few seconds. Only if needed will you be prompted to reboot.

ESET Online Scanner:

Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.

Windows 7 users: You will need to to right-click on the either the IE or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.

• Please go here then click on: Posted Image

Note: If using Mozilla Firefox you will need to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe when prompted then double click on it to install.
    All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.

• Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on: Posted Image
  • When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is checked.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Now click on: Posted Image
  • The virus signature database... will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically.
  • Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
  • When completed select Uninstall application on close if you so wish, make sure you copy the logfile first!
  • Now click on: Posted Image
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Note: Do not forget to re-enable your Anti-Virus application after running the above scan!

• How is your computer performing now, any further symptoms and or problems encountered?
  • ESET Log.

#9 Xerocool79

Xerocool79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

Hello

As of right now, my computer seems fine still. It got a little jittery after the scan and such, but I think it's correcting itself. If my internet connection starts acting up or gets worse, I'll be sure to let you know right away. But for now, it seems ok.

Here's the ESET log file:

ESETSmartInstaller@High as CAB hook log:
OnlineScanner64.ocx - delete file error:Access is denied.

OnlineScanner64.ocx - copy file error :The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

OnlineScanner64.ocx - registred OK
OnlineScanner.ocx - registred OK
# version=7
# iexplore.exe=8.00.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6425
# api_version=3.0.2
# EOSSerial=
# end=finished
# remove_checked=false
# archives_checked=true
# unwanted_checked=true
# unsafe_checked=true
# antistealth_checked=true
# utc_time=2011-03-19 05:06:05
# local_time=2011-03-19 12:06:05 (-0600, Central Daylight Time)
# country="United States"
# lang=1033
# osver=6.1.7600 NT
# compatibility_mode=512 16777215 100 0 0 0 0 0
# compatibility_mode=3584 16777215 100 0 0 0 0 0
# compatibility_mode=5893 16776574 100 94 12121584 52096548 0 0
# compatibility_mode=8192 67108863 100 0 0 0 0 0
# scanned=94085
# found=0
# cleaned=0
# scan_time=1267

#10 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Malware Response Team
  • 368 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

As of right now, my computer seems fine still.

Good.

It got a little jittery after the scan and such, but I think it's correcting itself. If my internet connection starts acting up or gets worse, I'll be sure to let you know right away.

OK, I suspect the cause may be the actual online scan and I apologise for that. I checked this out(encountered similar problems as yourself but the actual scanner once running is still fine) and it appears Eset have made some changes to it/appearing to be updating so I in turn will change/update my instructions for the online scan in due course/before I advise anyone to run it again. Saying that nothing was detected so that is a positive outcome.

In the meantime re-run TFC(Temp File Cleaner) again and afterwards let myself know if any further issues remaining, thank you.

#11 Xerocool79

Xerocool79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hello again! :)

Ran the TCF scan and rebooted upon it's request. So far so good. No further issues, or not further intrusions. So far I'm happy with how things are going, and hope that no problems will be detected, but wanna go through all the steps before I'm fully satisfied.

I must seriously thank you once again Dakeyras. You really are helping me out in solving this issue, and I completely appreciate it. I was all set to take my computer into the local shop I bought it from to get it fixed, and they were gonna charge me $110 just to go through these processes, even if nothing was found. So far you've saved me a huge headache! :)

#12 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Malware Response Team
  • 368 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

Ran the TCF scan and rebooted upon it's request. So far so good. No further issues, or not further intrusions. So far I'm happy with how things are going, and hope that no problems will be detected, but wanna go through all the steps before I'm fully satisfied.

Good...As it stands I do not think any further action/checks are required on my behalf.

I am not a online Gamer myself(did dabble a wee about about tens years back with TA in the MSN Gaming Zone....Showing my age now eh!) but still very aware some take such quite seriously and will undertake somewhat drastic, unethical measures if you will too ensure status within any one game. So might be a idea to look closer to home so to speak, those you may say have swapped files/gaming hints with for example.

I must seriously thank you once again Dakeyras. You really are helping me out in solving this issue, and I completely appreciate it. I was all set to take my computer into the local shop I bought it from to get it fixed, and they were gonna charge me $110 just to go through these processes, even if nothing was found. So far you've saved me a huge headache! :)

You're most welcome!

Next:

Congratulations your computer appears to be malware free!

Now I have some tasks for your good self to carry out as part of a clean up process and some advice about online safety.

Importance of Regular System Maintenance:

I advice you read both of the below listed topics as this will go a long way to keeping your Computer performing well.

Help! My computer is slow!

Also so is this:

What to do if your Computer is running slowly

Reset SR Points/Clean up with OTL:

• Right-click OTL and select Run as Administrator to start the program.
  • Copy the lines from the codebox to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):
:Commands
[ClearAllRestorePoints]
  • Return to OTL, right-click in the Custom Scans/Fixes window (under the cyan bar) and choose Paste.
  • Then click the red Run Fix button.
  • Let the program run unhindered. When finished click on OK and close the log that appears.
  • Note: I do not need to review the log produced.
  • Now close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot.
  • On the OTL main screen, depress the CleanUp button.
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
The above process will flush old System Restore points and create a new clean one. It should also clean up and remove the vast majority of scanners used and logs created etc.

Any left over merely delete yourself and empty the Recycle Bin.

Now some advice for on-line safety:

Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware:

This is a excellent application and I advise you keep this installed. Check for updates and run a scan at least once a week.

Other installed security software:

Your presently installed security application, Norton AntiVirus automatically checks for updates and downloads/installs them with every system reboot and or periodically if the machine is left running providing a internet connection is active.

I advise you also run a complete scan with this also at least once per week.

Erunt:

Emergency Recovery Utility NT, I advice you keep this installed as a means to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.

Myself I would actually create a new back up once per week as this along with System Restore may prove to be invaluable if something unforeseen occurs!

Keep your system updated:

Microsoft releases patches for Windows and other products regularly:

• Click on Start(Windows 7 orb) >> All Programs >> Windows Update.
  • In the navigation pane, click Check for updates.
  • After Windows Update has finished checking for updates, click View available updates.
  • Click to select the check box for any found, then click Install.
  • When completed Reboot(restart) your computer if not prompted to do so.
Be careful when opening attachments and downloading files:

Never open email attachments, not even if they are from someone you know. If you need to open them, scan them with your antivirus program before opening.
Never open emails from unknown senders.
Beware of emails that warn about viruses that are spreading, especially those from antivirus vendors. These email addresses can be easily spoofed. Check the antivirus vendor websites to be sure.
Be careful of what you download. Only download files from known sources. Also, avoid cracked programs. If you need a particular program that costs too much for you, try finding free alternatives on Sourceforge or Pricelessware.

Stop malicious scripts:

Windows by default allow scripts (which is VBScript and JavaScript) to run and some of these scripts are malicious. Use Noscript by Symantec or Script Defender by AnalogX to handle these scripts.

Avoid Peer to Peer software:

P2P may be a great way to get lots of seemingly freeware, but it is a great way to get infected as well. There's no way to tell if the file being shared is infected. Worse still, some worms spread via P2P networks, infecting you as well. My advice is avoid these types of software applications.

Hosts File:

A Hosts file is like a phone book. You look up someone's name in the phone book before calling him/her. Similarly, your computer will look up the website's IP address before you can view the website.

Hosts file will replace your current Hosts file with another one containing well-known advertisement sites, spyware sites and other bad sites. This new Hosts file will protect you by re-directing these bad sites to 127.0.0.1.

Here are some Hosts files:

Only use one of the above!

Install WinPatrol:

WinPatrol alerts you about possible system hijacks, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission.

Download it from here.

You can find information about how WinPatrol works here.

Next:

This is a very helpful/useful set of advice from Microsoft: Microsoft Safety & Security Center

Any questions? Feel free to ask, if not stay safe!

#13 Xerocool79

Xerocool79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

Absolutely amazing, Dakeyras! Your help was great, and I appreciate everything you did, and the time you took out of your personal time to help me resolve this! I'm very happy to know that I'm not infected with anything and everything appears on the up and up. I'll keep this page bookmarked so I have an easy reference for anything that I may need.

Again, thanks for all you've done, and if there's anything I can do for you in the future, feel free to look me up on here and PM me :)

#14 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Malware Response Team
  • 368 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

You're most welcome and thank you, stay safe! :)

#15 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Malware Response Team
  • 368 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users