Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Will not start

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sindetta

Sindetta

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:31 PM

Ok, here's the story.

1. I recently built a custom pc and i installed a pirated compy of windows 7 on it, refusing to pay.

2. The OS was working fine with no issues until, about 2 weeks ago, it said my copy was not genuine and I had to get a new activation key.

3. After I tried several keys to no avail, I tried typing a command line into command prompt that was supposed to reset the authetication timer. All I succeeded in doing was shortening my time from 30 days, to 3 days.

4. Next I tried several hacks, with the first one being RemoveWAT. It didn't work and after i used it, my pc had problems loading up normally., I would get the BSOD saying this error: IRQL _ NOT _LESS_OR_EQUAL

5. Then I tried Hal7600, which gave me similar results. I finally tried Winloader extreme, which worked, but screwed up a few of my drivers, which I reinstalled.

6. I later found out that the first hack gace me a virus which was the cause of the BSOD error message, so I removed it through Norton. At this point, everything was fine.

7. Now, last night when I shut down my pc, Windows 7 automatically installed some updates upon shutdown. Now today, when i turn it on, it gets to the screen where the multi-colored orbs are forming the Windows logo and will freeze, and then it will tell me that Windows cannot start. The computer will also not start in any version of Safe Mode. So far, I've tried to repair windows through the F8 startup menu and it said that it couldn't automatically repair windows.

I've also tried running a memory diagnostic and I've met similar results. I've also tried using system restore and loading with the last working settings, all of which failed. What can I do next?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sindetta

Sindetta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

Please be aware that I AM typing from my ps3 browser and I cannot give you certain pc related info for that reason. Thanks in advance.

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,675 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

Ok, here's the story.

1. I recently built a custom pc and i installed a pirated compy of windows 7 on it, refusing to pay.

I sincerely doubt you will receive any help here.

#4 Sindetta

Sindetta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:42 PM

*sigh*

I expected as much. Thanks for telling me not to waste my time. Perhaps a slightly different issue could be helped then? How would i uninstall Windows without starting it up. I have a LEGAL copy of XP and I could install that untill I figure out my W7 issue.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

You don't uninstall Windows...you just delete it.

I personally would delete the entire partition it's on...and then format a new partition/install the new O/S.

I suggest that you read the Forum Rules, regarding illegal versions of software. A link to such...is in my signature.

"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."