Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:31 PM
Ok, here's the story.
1. I recently built a custom pc and i installed a pirated compy of windows 7 on it, refusing to pay.
2. The OS was working fine with no issues until, about 2 weeks ago, it said my copy was not genuine and I had to get a new activation key.
3. After I tried several keys to no avail, I tried typing a command line into command prompt that was supposed to reset the authetication timer. All I succeeded in doing was shortening my time from 30 days, to 3 days.
4. Next I tried several hacks, with the first one being RemoveWAT. It didn't work and after i used it, my pc had problems loading up normally., I would get the BSOD saying this error: IRQL _ NOT _LESS_OR_EQUAL
5. Then I tried Hal7600, which gave me similar results. I finally tried Winloader extreme, which worked, but screwed up a few of my drivers, which I reinstalled.
6. I later found out that the first hack gace me a virus which was the cause of the BSOD error message, so I removed it through Norton. At this point, everything was fine.
7. Now, last night when I shut down my pc, Windows 7 automatically installed some updates upon shutdown. Now today, when i turn it on, it gets to the screen where the multi-colored orbs are forming the Windows logo and will freeze, and then it will tell me that Windows cannot start. The computer will also not start in any version of Safe Mode. So far, I've tried to repair windows through the F8 startup menu and it said that it couldn't automatically repair windows.
I've also tried running a memory diagnostic and I've met similar results. I've also tried using system restore and loading with the last working settings, all of which failed. What can I do next?