Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Outlook Will Not Work

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fredg

fredg

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:31 AM

Everyone was so helpful last time I thought I would throw another problem out there. I can't get outlook to send email or receive them. I have windows xp and earthlink is my isp. I use earthlink email and yahoo email. Could one of these be blocking outlook? When I try to send an email through outlook I get a message that says "Operation failed. No object could be found". I'm not sure if you have to have msn as your isp if you want to use outlook. Any answers?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:30 PM

Have you tried contacting Earthlink, to make sure all of your settings are correct?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Dngrsone

Dngrsone

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:04 PM

You shouldn't have any problem using Outlook with either Earthlink or Yahoo.

Are you using Outlook Express? Has it been working up to now or is this a new setup?
Posted Image

#4 fredg

fredg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:41 AM

I've been working with these yahoo directions for setting up outlook to access my yahoo email account for hours and hours. I GIVE UP! I follow the directions explicitly and NOTHING WORKS. I'll just continue to use my yahoo acount as is........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users