Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Error Recovery

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheNinjas

TheNinjas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

Hi Everyone,

This problem occurred to me a month ago. When i started windows, there's a dialog there saying "Windows Error Recovery" and under it, is

"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause." (I don't remember changing anything)

"If windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, startup can help diagnose and fix the problem. If power was interrupted during startup, choose start Windows Normally."

There are two options there saying

-Launch Startup Repair

-Start Windows Normally

When I clicked Start Windows Normally, seems that the loading bar of Microsoft Corporation never ends

When I clicked Launch Startup Repair.. A box named "Startup Repair" appeared, saying "Startup Repair is checking your system for problems..." But after that, it seems nothing had changed. When I open my laptop again, it went to the dialog saying "Windows Error Recovery" again.

What shall i do now?

My Laptop is "Compaq Presario V3500"

(For more added information)
I did the procedures of this link, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/# . But sadly, the 'Startup Repair' window did not find any errors to my laptop, that's why it directed me to the lists of 'System Recovery Options' after it scanned. But when i clicked restart, same error is occurring again.. still i see a black screen and a note of "Windows Error Recovery" What shall i do now?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

Can you boot to safe mode (as soon as the system begins booting start tapping the F8 Function key - when you get to the advanced boot options screen choose "safe mode")?

#3 TheNinjas

TheNinjas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:44 PM

Hi Allan,

Sadly, I cannot also. When i pressed 'Safe Mode', it says 'Loading Windows Files' then hangs on the part 'Loaded: \Windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:54 AM

1) Boot to the Vista cd and try running startup repair from there
2) Please do not PM for assistance with this issue. Just stay in the thread on the forum. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users