Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting A Partition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 patl411

patl411

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:03 AM

ok i have a 120 gb drive that has 3 40 gb partitions, c: d: and e:. i want to delete the partion e: and grow the c: & d: drives up to 60 gb. how do i do this?
i need free software that will do it, i thot partition magic trial would but it wont

Edited by patl411, 22 December 2005 - 11:38 AM.

ΑΒΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΠΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ
Alpha Beta Gama Delta Epsilon Zeta Eta Theta Iota Kappa Lamda
Mu Nu Xi Omicron Pi Rho Sigma Tau Upsilon Phi Chi Psi Omega

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:48 PM

download a program like partition magic, from paretlogic. I think theres a trial,
http://www.soft32.com/download_151.html

Download, install, and under the partition window click wahetver activities youd like to do, it has a nice little gui for everything.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:50 PM

Got ya' covered... Digtal Dolly.
Download to it's own folder, and unzip it there. Burn an .iso image to cd. Boot the computer with the CD. It does not need an operating system to run. It is based off of Linux Red Hat. It will not work with a USB drive.

Merry Christmas.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users