Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

audio problem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chas5

chas5

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 10 March 2011 - 06:35 AM

I had a problem with a virus which was successfully cleared with the help given in the forum.Unfortunately after removing the virus the sound on my computer does not work. My computer uses windows xp. Have tried obvious things, connections, wireing and all mutes off but to no avail. Any suggestions gratefully received.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

Any yellow or red icons in Device Manager?

#3 chas5

chas5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

no yellow or red icons in device manager

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,552 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

Okay. Before I suggest you reinstall the audio driver, please check the obvious - make sure the volume isn't muted (you'd be surprised how many times that happens).

#5 chas5

chas5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:26 AM

I have checked the obvious, wireing, plugs, connections and volume mutes off etc. I do not have the origional cd audio driver as this was pre-installed with computer.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,552 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

Just go to the website of the sound card provider and download and install the latest driver.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,254 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

If you have an OEM/name brand system (e.g., Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc.)...the drivers for the system should be obtained from the system manufacturer's website, IMO.

Louis

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,552 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:20 AM

If you have an OEM/name brand system (e.g., Dell, Lenovo, HP, etc.)...the drivers for the system should be obtained from the system manufacturer's website, IMO.

Louis

Only for laptops. Drivers for desktops should be downloaded from the individual card manufacturer websites.

If you are going to install drivers you might as well obtain the most current ones.

#9 chas5

chas5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:02 AM

where can I find a website to download an audio driver for my system (unknown brand).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users