Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In dire need of help removing malware named vista antispyware 2011

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stoneowner

stoneowner

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:21 PM

I was recently infected with the Malware program called vista antispyware 2011. I've seen the guide featured on this site on how to remove it and I've downloaded rkill and Malwarebytes while in safe mode. the problem that I'm having is that when i try to run the program or try to install the downloaded program, my computer asks me to select a program to run malwarebytes and/or rkill but none of them will run the program. the computer in need of cleaning is a compaq presario V6305NR notebook pc running on a windows vista operating system. help with this problem would be greatly appreciated

Edited by stoneowner, 09 March 2011 - 08:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

Take a look here: How to remove XP Security Tool 2010, XP Defender Pro, and Vista Security Tool 2010 (Uninstall Guide) and goes by 27 other flavors as well.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 stoneowner

stoneowner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

sir you are a life saver thank you so much

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

You're quite welcome.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 stoneowner

stoneowner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

I'm going to have to temporarily retract that thanks. i tried using the program to fix the problem of not being able to run programs and it seems that it was uneffective. i first read your response in safe mode w/networking on the infected laptop. then i downloaded the fix.reg program and it said its files were saved to the registry, then i shut down the computer to go into normal setup so that i could complete the entire guide. i then plugged in my flash drive with the necessary files and used the fix.reg again and then tried using firefox to coax the program out(during this whole time it was in normal set up the malware never appeared and also it seems as though my computer didn't load all of the startup files that normally come up even though I gave it more than ample time to load everything) the program never came and and again i was only greeted with the box asking which program i wanted to use to open firefox. I don't know what I did wrong but if you could assist me further i would be much endebted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users