Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win32 heur virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 UnknownPc

UnknownPc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

Hey, I'm new and I really need some help.

Just yesterday I turned on my computer. And I go to play my BRAND NEW dead space 2 which I just bought from game stop less than a week ago. To my dismay AVG free has told me it has detected a virus.

The 'Threat detected' pop-up shows up and tells me that my dead space 2.exe is infected, so I send it to the virus vault. BUT, there is also a file called win32 heur that could not be put into the virus vault!

Now AVG keeps popping up and saying various program EXES are infected. So far its only done it twice. I got a little nervous so I booted into safe mode and tried to google the answer to this strange problem.

Nothing!

So please, I need some help! :[
I have a major presentation that requires parts to be typed up... due in two days! I need to confirm if this is a false positive
because I don't want my PC destroyed... I am booted on safe mode with networking at the moment.

I am on Win 7 64bit.

Edited by UnknownPc, 09 March 2011 - 07:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

Did AVG provide a specific file(s) name associated with the malware threat(s) detection and if so, where is it located (full file path) at on your system?

With that information you can get a second opinion, by submitting the file(s) to one of the following online services that analyzes suspicious files:In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,394 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

Also see this discussion thread at AVG where others are reporting similar detections on .exe files.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users