Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm a XP3 Guy!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 garybear

garybear

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hello!! I don't like big changes. I'm a die heart XP3 man.
I have 32 processes running on my PC, and I know what every one of them are and why they are there. I have changed a lot of my services to Manuel that used to be automatic. I have only three start ups in my tray, all security. I do have a cluttered desk top, but I like it that way and don't mind the extra start up time it causes. I have a hundred GB HD divided into three partitions. My C drive has 9.80 GB used space and 27GB+ free space. I have a 40GB secondary drive that I put back up images of my OS on once a month or when I make or am planning to make changes. I also have a 1TB external USB that I put back up images of my OS. I don't like starting over from scratch. You never know when one of them will die.I can be back up and running with a brand new cold HD in about an hour. I know this because I have done it. I use a freeware program called Macrium Reflect and it works flawlessly. I keep my PC free from trash with CCleaner. It has a registry cleaner that I trust also.
I run Avira AV free= Online Armor free firewall= Malwarebytes in real time. My default browser is Firefox.
I have made a slip stream CD XP3, but doubt if I'll ever use because I keep a back up image of my OS current. I'm not afraid of the registry , but I respect it, and always have a back up image of my OS ready if I mess up.
I have a Dell 3000 that's 7 years old and runs like a top. I'm 73 years young and self taught. I'm also very windy and love people.
I know most of the tricks to keep my PC running smooth. I enjoy sharing what I know with others.
I recently discovered this scanner from Microsoft that I have used and found it very good. It's a lot like ESET on line scanner but has a few more bells and whistles. I haven't gotten much reaction from members on the forum. I don't know why????
I would never post a software that I haven't checked out and researched.
This is from Microsoft. They should know what they are doing. I would like some feed back if any one decides to try it. I haven't found any problems with it and I'm not a newbie. I don't have a fancy title and I don't have a ego. I'm not smart enough to have a ego :hysterical:
Here's link to Microsoft safety scanner.
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gerardwil

gerardwil

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

Long story Garybear, read it before (no surprise), also here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic382421.html/page__p__2153016__fromsearch__1#entry2153016

Gerard

#3 garybear

garybear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

Long story Garybear, read it before (no surprise), also here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic382421.html/page__p__2153016__fromsearch__1#entry2153016

Gerard

Hello friend!
Sorry you were bored.I'm 73 year old cancer survivor and senile. I think I deserve the right to repeat myself some times. I really like the scanner and wanted to share it with members. Have you tried it or are you busy finding duplicate posts made by us old folks??:hysterical:
How are things going on Malwarebytes forum??

Edited by garybear, 09 March 2011 - 05:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users