Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP keeps crashing when restarted, need to system restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ilikesoldat

ilikesoldat

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

Basically, my computer was pretty hung up by viruses so I got ESET NOD32 and Malwarebytes paid versions, and performed full max security scans on both. This got rid of around 30-50. Then I noticed Malwarebytes was a little more successful in catching adware than NOD32 was, so I ran another full scan just to be sure. This time around it only found one threat, something in the system folder. Ever since it prompted me to restart my computer, my computer freezes immediately after I double click something, if I click the start menu it also freezes.

However, if I leave it idle I can see everything light up as I move my mouse over it which would show that nothing has frozen yet. It is only once I click something that it freezes. Also, I have this reminder to make my backup discs that I always click remind me later for (lol) and if that is the first thing I click (and I have to do it quickly before everything loads) then that will turn off normally, but then it still freezes with anything else.

My computer never did this before that restart from deleting that virus, and scans have showed no signs of any threats or infections besides this.

Now, for how I get around it.

I perform a system restore to any date, doesn't matter which after booting to safe mode. I wait for everything to go through and for my computer to restart, which takes awfully long, and is extremely annoying because I can't forget to press f8 at the beginning. Then I can use my computer just fine until I next restart it. Also, if I try to update my computer, I need to restart afterwards, therefore my computer crashes, therefore I can't update because system restore will just undo it. (since it thinks installing the updates is what is causing the crashes -.-). So I wouldn't really mind this... but I would like to turn my computer off sometimes... and update it maybe? ....... and perhaps install a new program or two.. lol

That's pretty much as detailed as I can get..... if anyone knows what is going on please help

Here's the log from the scan :

Database version: 5922

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

3/3/2011 4:15:49 AM
mbam-log-2011-03-03 (04-15-49).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|G:\|H:\|I:\|J:\|K:\|L:\|M:\|N:\|)
Objects scanned: 313028
Time elapsed: 3 hour(s), 13 minute(s), 39 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\system volume information\_restore{f845e3db-f751-4be4-a620-64f2ca1bfb5f}\RP139\A0049570.exe (Hacktool.CloseApp) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Edited by hamluis, 09 March 2011 - 07:06 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ilikesoldat

ilikesoldat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:04 PM

why was this moved..... a system file was deleted causing my computer to crash..... my computer is clean and ive scanned it with many reputable anti viruses.... even before there were no significant problems from viruses

can someone please explain why on earth this thread was moved? moderator? did you even READ the question?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users