Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clearing ARP cache

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paja37

Paja37

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

I understand this cach holds the protocol of ips, and sometimes it get corrupt and stop working. This has to do with networking. The computer will not go on line, but it will work on your own network. You are able to ping 127.0.0.1, but can not ping any other computer. This all I have been able to learn about the APR cache. APR stands for Address Resolution Protocol.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

But...what's wrong with your system?

Please don't be speculative...just tell us the symptoms of what manifests itself as not working properly.

List any onscreen error message that you have received.

System manufacturer and model?

What browser are you using?

Louis

#3 Paja37

Paja37
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

I can not ping the other computers on my network. Never had this problem before. I can't ping the router. All I know is that the computer will not go out to any web site. After right cliking on the icon in the tray and cliking on repair,the on screen message is it can't clear the ARP cache. I did not know what that is untill I google it. I am using windows XP on a HP computer. And I am using internet explorer eight.
Paja

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

Hi Paja37

Lets try to manually clear the Arp Cache.

Go to the start button > run in the small window that comes up type cmd hit OK.

In the new window that opens type netsh interface ip delete arpcache. Press the enter key.

Let us know if you get any messages in the same window after pressing enter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users